Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at this kit for the 2nd gen Pilot .

Thoughts ?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Don't forget your 5% off code.
Good until November 12, 2020
3AE5CBE8F18A03

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
If you buy the kit anywhere else, be sure it says Aisin. Some unknown brand kits being marketed by using the TKH002 item #.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
same part number i guess for the Gen 1 since you posted an 06 pilot ..this is for the 2015 makes sense since the oil filters are the same .

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
731 Posts
You should give Gates a try. People have had great success with them...:LOL::LOL:

In all seriousness, Asin is a great brand and people seem to be very happy with it. I have no idea what my mechanic uses but I've had 100% success so far.
Congrats for being brave/skilled enough to take on this job. It is one of the jobs I am very happy to hand my money over to someone else to do it for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You should give Gates a try. People have had great success with them...:LOL::LOL:

In all seriousness, Asin is a great brand and people seem to be very happy with it. I have no idea what my mechanic uses but I've had 100% success so far.
Congrats for being brave/skilled enough to take on this job. It is one of the jobs I am very happy to hand my money over to someone else to do it for me.
Ditto I shelled out almost $1,400 at my local Acura dealer but got very fresh 2018 MDX to play with for a weekend!

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Ditto I shelled out almost $1,400 at my local Acura dealer but got very fresh 2018 MDX to play with for a weekend!
I've bought Gates belts for many years and have been satisfied. One of my Crosstours is running with a Gates serpentine tensioner for the last 65k miles with no issues (so far). But it had come to my attention that the brand is not exactly being made in house anymore. I'm not ready to trust a water pump not made and sold by the same company.
Aisin makes the water pump and tensioner in their kit. Mitsuboshi belt is also a maker of belts for Honda among others. The bearings are Koyo. The same bearings Honda uses as OE.
I've installed Aisin water pumps on other vehicles other than Honda. Even on a Chevrolet! They have never failed me. No reason to change.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
731 Posts
I've bought Gates belts for many years and have been satisfied. One of my Crosstours is running with a Gates serpentine tensioner for the last 65k miles with no issues (so far). But it had come to my attention that the brand is not exactly being made in house anymore. I'm not ready to trust a water pump not made and sold by the same company.
Aisin makes the water pump and tensioner in their kit. Mitsuboshi belt is also a maker of belts for Honda among others. The bearings are Koyo. The same bearings Honda uses as OE.
I've installed Aisin water pumps on other vehicles other than Honda. Even on a Chevrolet! They have never failed me. No reason to change.
Yep if I were to do it myself I’d go with the Aisin kit. If my mechanic asked me which parts I wanted to use I’d also go with Aisin.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I just got a -001 kit in the mail, and parts are as NailGrease describes. I tend to stay with the herd when people here report success and haven't been disappointed.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Fisher Price edition? Is this below the LX edition? ;)

It is a plastic fantastic interior, but it is holding up exceptionally well in ours.

Reactions: bdozer1965

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

It is a plastic fantastic interior, but it is holding up exceptionally well in ours.
Look for the stamp at the back "Made by Fisher Price " :p:D

Reactions: bdozer1965

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Its not just the Interior anymore ... bumpers are what ..plastic also ? and other items :)

1 - 20 of 85 Posts