Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
If the rubber in the mount isn't broken, I wouldn't replace. What's it look like with the cover off?

If it don’t need to be replaced that will be great!

here are the photo of each side of the mount

Looking for a bolt and a tap now.

I did lease one from Oreily but it was too short

·
Registered
9,519 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I tried looking online to get the Honda part number for that bolt but not having any luck

Does anyone know how to look up for the part number?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Try Ace Hardware. Really.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Seems like after cleaning abc wire brushing the rusted bolt that it’s still reusable.

I am thinking putting the good bolt on rear near firewall and put the rusted one in front because I recalled that it still accessible for me to replace that bike after I put everything back in only if I can’t find a replacement bolt today.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Stopped at local Honda parts and they didn’t have any bolt in stock. I did buy a motor mount from them. Cost was 80 dollars for mount The bolt was quoted at 11 dollars

Stopped at Ace Hardware. They didn’t have a flange bolt in that size but they did have Hardened steel bolt that size and the head was just as big as the flange head and it cost 5 dollars for it

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
Stopped at local Honda parts and they didn’t have any bolt in stock. I did buy a motor mount from them. Cost was 80 dollars for mount The bolt was quoted at 11 dollars

Stopped at Ace Hardware. They didn’t have a flange bolt in that size but they did have Hardened steel bolt that size and the head was just as big as the flange head and it cost 5 dollars for it

View attachment 147888
Just use a washer with that. Should be fine.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
The title of what? Your state-issued automobile title certificate?

I don't see the word "Sport" anywhere on that sticker? Can you please point it out?
It was previous owner state issue title that said Honda Pilot EX-L Sport on it. Could been an error by the DMV.

Our new state title just show the year and brand with VIN. No model name on it

·
Registered
2014 EX-L - Dark Amber Metallic
44 Posts
It was previous owner state issue title that said Honda Pilot EX-L Sport on it. Could been an error by the DMV.
Yeah, I'd bet that's what it was...got too brain-dead on a Friday afternoon and added the Sport designation from another Honda vehicle.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I had a scary moment

I was taking timing cover off and last bolt in the upper lower cover where I saw the bolt then place the socket by feel but it accidentally placed it on the top tenensior bolt which is right above the timing cover bolt and unbolted it.

When I saw the bolt and knew it wasn’t the timing bolt then when to look. Oh Crap!!!!!!

I carefully put the bolt back in and try to hand tight it at first and couldn’t get the thread started so I took a hand wrench and lightly pressed on the head then start turning the wrench. The thread took hold and slowly I bolted it back it until it barely seated in.

I hope my ass is saved and getting ready to turn the crankshaft to line up the timing

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
Why do people change the thermostats this isn't 1988? I can't remember the last time I actually had an import thermostat go bad.
I've never changed one. The secret is to never introduce tap water into the cooling system.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Why do people change the thermostats this isn't 1988? I can't remember the last time I actually had an import thermostat go bad.
When I replaced my OEM radiator I could of ignored the thermostat and hoses but I’m glad I did not. Opening this area to inspect the thermostat condition revealed that the thermostat gasket had failed, poor hose connections and a pitted thermostat housing. I bought the spendy OEM thermostat although the old one appeared fine with no corrosion or buildup. I think regular maintenance is key for trouble-free thermostat rather than being an import one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
The pin has been pulled!

I did three full rotation. It line up every 3 full rotation but the rear cam doesn’t exactly line up perfectly. It‘a like barely off counterclockwise but it was like that when I first line up before taking the old belt off.

When I tried to put the new belt on, the rear cam spring back counterclockwise and of course I was nearing panic mode but not quite there yet.

I calmly posted about the to make sure it okay to rotate the rear cam back to TOC and got my reply on it. I carefully rotate the cam back to perfect TOC and I managed to get the belt on.

After doing 3 full test rotation, it went back to where it doesn’t line up perfectly and just barely off counterclockwise like the old belt when it lined up.

Is that to be expected on rear cam line up or it must be lined up dead on?

I am wondering if I am seeing it not line up perfectly because my angle of view since I can’t exactly see it dead on with open hood in the way.

However, it did full three test rotation so the timing belt must been installed correctly?

Thank everyone who posted feedback and tips. It help a lot!

I am taking a break from it now and start putting it all back together tomorrow!

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
The back cam can be a bit deceiving because of the angle. If you have the crankshaft lined up and you know the front cam is perfect, line your camera phone as straight as possible and take a photo. It should be no mistaking.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
The back cam can be a bit deceiving because of the angle. If you have the crankshaft lined up and you know the front cam is perfect, line your camera phone as straight as possible and take a photo. It should be no mistaking.
View attachment 147901
I think you are right. It’s the angle of view

I took a photo of it with the camera perfect parallel to the engine. It looks perfectly lined up after all.

FYI, I did not put that black marker on it. It was already on there.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm about out of popcorn. Start it already!

61 - 80 of 90 Posts