Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed the timing belt and water pump in 2004 honda pilot, it looks like all Mark's are lined up but when I try to start it just makes one click then all accessory lights and radio dim like severe power loss.

·
Registered
603 Posts
1. Is your battery charged? Did it discharge from doors being open while you were working on it?

2. Did you rotate the engine by hand after you installed the belt at least a couple revolutions, to make sure you had everything lined up right and that you would not bend a valve on the first crank... and to make sure everything lined back up on the marks?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have rotated it several times and everything seems to b lining up. When installing belt the rear cam did rotate and I rotated it back. That wouldn't cause problems would it?

·
Registered
603 Posts
When installing belt the rear cam did rotate and I rotated it back. That wouldn't cause problems would it?
Nope. Quite common. Not a big deal if you got it lined back up.

Now, about the battery..... is it just acting like a low battery?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have charged it. Before I try to turn the ignition all the way to start there is plenty of juice for lights radio etc. Just after I turn the ignition the dash lights dim until I pull the battery cable. Then when I put the cable back on the lights are bright again

·
Registered
603 Posts
Did you disconnect the ECM when you were moving stuff out of the way to unbolt the motor mount? Did you reinstall the ground wire correctly?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts