Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my water pump replaced in the recall. I noticed lost of power and lower gas mileage. I suspect the cam/crank timing may be the problem. If it is the problem, would this cause any permanent damage to the engine? I dread going to the dealer again. :(

Seems like most Service Techs don't take pride in their work. :(

·
Registered
307 Posts
i think I am experiencing the same thing, my mpg has been around 13 sisnce the recall, last time it was in they said the computer didnt show anything? would this be noticed my the computer?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Timing

I had mine done with no change, If it isn't correct and is running retarded then you get a loss of power and fuel economy. If it's too advanced then you get the ping thing.
Retarded is better than advanced. What you hear in the ping is detonation or pre-ignition which can do harm. Retarded will eventually carbon the valves and things.
Probably some people better informed on engines can help but seems that your correct in guessing the timing is off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got my pilot in august. Am I supposed to replace the water pump? Did I miss something?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Timing belt

Mine was built in July and I received a recall notice. It was almost gone when they inspected it. Had about 2K miles on it.

I think there is a simple inspection?

·
Registered
991 Posts
slimjim said:
I got my pilot in august. Am I supposed to replace the water pump? Did I miss something?
No, your water pump should be already replaced from factory.. The water pump recall was issued way before august (but do check it out just to be safe)

rob

·
Registered
991 Posts
yeah, just checked it, and recall was issued August 21.. you must have just missed the fix..

rob

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, I verified it myself. Got the Helm factory service manual, and verified that the cam/crank timing in on the mark. When it was in the last service, they supposely hooked up the computer to diagonose the starting delay and ABS problem. Could they have changed the engine settings? What setting are there? Does anyone know what kind of Diag computers are out there?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts