Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay....I've had enough of the one I've been using.

I am a careful person....I follow the rules, I obey traffic signs, I don't walk when the street sign say "Don't Walk" and I read my car's owners manuel. When it says "Change", I change. Well, go in today for an oil change and the book says VTM4 fluid should be changed at 7500K and again at 15000K. Didn't have it done at 7500 so at my 10,000+ oil change I said lets go ahead and change that. A surprised face looks back. "Why?" he asks. I say because it is in the book. "Oh really! We've never changed VTM fluid on a Pilot." I question if it should be done then. He says yes, if it is in the book, it needs to be done. But why haven't they ever changed anyones, I ask. "Well....I never read the book. Guess I need to." !!!! Why do I know more about this than they do??? Maybe no one has ever changed it and it would have been fine as it was, but it was on the schedule, so I did it. Service manager kept saying he didn't know b/c the Pilot is so new. I said it had been out over a year...surely I wasn't the only owner to get to 7500K miles. So 3 1/2 hours and $140 later, I left with clean oil and new VTM4 fluid.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
hummmm.....dump the morons...its like the morons I took my pilot for the 3750 oil change , make the tire pressure to 30psi. Tells me they don't care or know enough. Will take to someone else (or do myself) the 7500 oil change.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Mine is 11K haven't change VTM-4 Yet, may be I will with an oil change with my LCD arrive for replacement.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Part of the reason I went all the way to a Honda dealer for an oil change was I figured there might be something just "better" about Honda oils and fluids......they use Penzoil I found out when I got there! (No dealers are close by....it is a minimum of 2 hours in the car to go to a Honda place)Also, they insist I don't have a regular steering wheel....that is is an upgraded wheel bought as a specialty item. Have they ever even *seen* another Pilot??

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
my3kids: Which dealer is this? Have you rated their service department in the "dealer ratings" section of the honda-pilot.org web site yet? :confused:

It might help other members and guests (aka, lurkers) avoid the same nimrods... :4:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
All three Honda dealers in my area have their "own" list of what needs to be done at each service interval. When a major one comes up, I call and ask what services they complete for the mileage and the associated cost. Usually they want to do a LOT MORE than is required. Then I ask what the cost would be to do what is required and go from there.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
my3kids said:

[snip]
Also, they insist I don't have a regular steering wheel....that is is an upgraded wheel bought as a specialty item. Have they ever even *seen* another Pilot??
And these are the same clowns that are helping you on your gas mileage issue????

:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts