Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:

Its been six or seven years since I stepped up to the plate to help here as a moderator. But its truly time to bow out.

My Mk1 Pilot has gone and my needs are changing towards different vehicles. My real world job as an insurance agent is getting busier and busier and I need to focus on that job as it pays the bills. The work here is purely voluntary.

So I have today notified the owners of this board that I want to resign and that we need to appoint new faces to take the Forum forward.

I've watched the Pilot and this forum grow since I joined pre-purchase in 2004. Second Gen, third gen and I am sure in a year or two, fourth gen. Lets not forget the little brother Passport.

Happy to talk privately to people about what it involved as a Moderator if you are interested. So PM me directly.The final decision as who to add isn't mine but I have some say.

Thanks

Rocky (ready to take his moderator hat off)

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
All:

Its been six or seven years since I stepped up to the plate to help here as a moderator. But its truly time to bow out.

My Mk1 Pilot has gone and my needs are changing towards different vehicles. My real world job as an insurance agent is getting busier and busier and I need to focus on that job as it pays the bills. The work here is purely voluntary.

So I have today notified the owners of this board that I want to resign and that we need to appoint new faces to take the Forum forward.

I've watched the Pilot and this forum grow since I joined pre-purchase in 2004. Second Gen, third gen and I am sure in a year or two, fourth gen. Lets not forget the little brother Passport.

Happy to talk privately to people about what it involved as a Moderator if you are interested. So PM me directly.The final decision as who to add isn't mine but I have some say.

Thanks

Rocky (ready to take his moderator hat off)
We appreciate all you have done. Find us a leader to get us Honda Pilot vehicles equipped like we want. Like Turbo V6s with manuel transmission option and A.C. seats etc etc :p

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I've watched the Pilot and this forum grow since I joined pre-purchase in 2004
Wow you’ve been here a long time. Time really flies as my 2004 may look young but needs some TLC to keep her going for another decade or so. Thanks for making the forum a great place to visit. Hope to see more innovative products for our Pilots to make them special. A few companies are targeting old Hondas for aftermarket parts beyond the usual cargo mats or vent visors.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,267 Posts

And as a someone suggested when I mentioned leaving after buying the new Passport a while back: There's no reason you can't stick around the forum, you knowledge and experience would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I guess it's good the paying job is that busy, hopefully that means success and job security! Sad to see you go!

Reactions: plplplpl and Rocky

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Hate to see you leave you have been a valuable member to these forums ... do stop in once in a while to say hello ..

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
Ever since I joined I've found this to be a nice, helpful and fun place to learn and share. I think a huge part of the credit goes to Rocky for making and keeping it like that.

Much appreciation @Rocky. (y)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Does this mean some of the banned members I never met get to be released from the doghouse? Stir some action up for the new moderator?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Does this mean some of the banned members I never met get to be released from the doghouse? Stir some action up for the new moderator?
Yes you can use your old banned account again :)

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Hope the new moderator likes MaxLife ATF, Sumitomo HTR AS P02 tires, Prestone Concentrate, Shell Rotella Gas Truck oil, S-VCM and a little extra tire pressure in his/her tires. 😃🤣

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Hope the new moderator likes MaxLife ATF, Sumitomo HTR AS P02 tires, Prestone Concentrate, Shell Rotella Gas Truck oil, S-VCM and a little extra tire pressure in his/her tires. 😃🤣
And ecologically responsible, environmentally friendly, renewable, sustainable, organic, free-range, recycled, FDIC, WAF, gluten-free(?) shop rags. :D

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,836 Posts
Rocky, thanks for the contributions you made to this forum over the past 16 years. The effort you put into keeping it running are much appreciated.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
What did he do? Did he post from Nigeria? Did he recommend using DW-1?

What does it take to get banned around here?

When the time comes, I want to go out in a blaze of glory. :)

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What did he do? Did he post from Nigeria? Did he recommend using DW-1?

What does it take to get banned around here?

When the time comes, I want to go out in a blaze of glory. :)

View attachment 139486
You guys rarely see the spammers because of the systems in place plus the work I do every day behind the curtain.

Nigeria is rare these days. It totally changed since Covid. I have methods above and beyond the official ones to identify and “resolve.“.

N_Jay was into a lot of things including politics. Others have landed here and gone out in an explosion of insanity. Temporary bans happen, and they act well in sin bin cooling off kind of way.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Not for nothing there will always be [email protected]@holes that are out there on these forums but were all here by choice ... we all have personal opinions on things but we also keep it offline to show respect to others ... there's a reason why my sticker of a beaver choking a frog stays on my tool box and not online LOL ...

Reactions: aggrex
1 - 19 of 19 Posts