Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice that the steering wheel obstructs the top of the gauges, even if the tilt is in the highest position? Just a minor annoyance, it doesn't affect ability to judge speed. But I do lose the 60 mph marking, and I'm not exceptionally tall at 6'3".

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sight Lines

I had to adjust both tilt column and seat height to get a good sight line, but am slightly more vertically challenged.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I noticed the same thing. I had the seat all the way down, and the wheel all the way up and I still got the top part of the speedo cut off. I did find that pushing the seat back just a little bit more helped. Now I get pretty much all of it on most trips.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Seems like any car I've driven (traveling has me drive a lot of rentals) has this promblem with tilt steering and I'm 5'8". Kinda tough to get it perfect for everyone.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I am 5 ft 2-1/8. I thought it was just spectacular during my test drive. Of course, I might not have been paying close attention.(G) We'll see when it finally gets delivered.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I can see clearly now

Actually, I checked today and found I have no problem seeing the top of the speedo. I din't try to determine how I had my steering wheel configured and how my seat was adjusted. I can report however that I'm 6 feet tall, but maybe a better measure should be how tall a person's torso is as the length of the torso is what would make a difference, not how tall a person's legs are.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, I'm pretty tall from the waist up . . .figured that was my problem. Still annoying though, think the Honda engineers could have squeezed a little more adjustment out of the tilt . ..

·
Registered
232 Posts
Same annoyance here. I'm 6'3" and they very top of the speedo is juuuust hidden behind the top of the wheel. :( If I look down just a bit it's no big deal.

I would imagine anyone over 6'4" really loses sight of the speedo. Bummer :28:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Put your steering wheel all the way down... then you can see the TOP of the speedo.... :D :2: :1:

·
Registered
7 Posts
At 6'1" I find in most positions (seat, wheel) speedometer
and gas gauge are obscured. Disappointing design.

Also find that if I adjust the seat back to the point where
it is comfortable for my legs, I have to reach uncomfortably
for the wheel, no matter where I put it. But only have 600
miles on it so far so maybe will grow accustomed.

-Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts