Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So I’m trying to secure a minnow bucket inside a 5 gallon bucket to keep the water from sloshing around the Pilot. The mounting points are so low they are useless. I tried the plastic cleat up top but a bungee cord slides off and won’t stay on. Anyone have any better cleats or suggestions?

·
Registered
526 Posts
View attachment 138577
So I’m trying to secure a minnow bucket inside a 5 gallon bucket to keep the water from sloshing around the Pilot. The mounting points are so low they are useless. I tried the plastic cleat up top but a bungee cord slides off and won’t stay on. Anyone have any better cleats or suggestions?
The tie down cleats aren't the problem in this situation.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
5,112 Posts
The tie down cleats aren't the problem in this situation.
That's why I posted the net. $9.00 at O'Rileys, I can stretch it across the back like the high dollar Honda net, or I can put something like the bucket in the center of the bed and stretch it over from the two tie downs on the back of the seat, or in the case of my Passport the tie downs on the bottom of the deck just behind the back seat, pull it over the item(s) and hook it to the front two tie downs. Holds everything in place.

The wife gave the be cargo carrier a few years ago. It folds up nicely and fits in the under deck compartment. I use it when needed. Both have been quite useful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts