Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help this is driving me crazy. I keep hearing a ticking noise coming from the rear drivers side. It's like a Tick-Tick-Tick sound when driving and also when the bass on the radio is loud. Has anyone heard a problem like this or have a solution?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
No, sorry I never heard a noise like that. I guess this is yet another noise problem it can be added to the already long list of it. Sigh...

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Originally posted by cefaloni ...I keep hearing a ticking noise coming from the rear drivers side. It's like a Tick-Tick-Tick sound when driving and also when the bass on the radio is loud...
If you can generate the noise with bass on the radio turned up, have you tried to isolate the noise when you are parked? You might be able to track it to one location and then feel around and stop the noise by pressing on the parts in that location, trim panel, door handles, etc... If you find a noisy (ticking or vibrating) part, you can fix it or take it to the Dealer for repair.

This is an old stereo installer trick to get rid of unwanted noise and rattles from vibrating door handles and window handles (the roll down kind of course).

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I have a strange ticking noise too. But it seems like it's coming from underneath the driver's seat. My radio is always blasting (dang kids... :31: ) so I never really heard it until a couple of weeks ago when I had the radio off. So my tick doesn't have anything to do with the bass or radio. There is no rhyme or reason to it. It doesn't change with speed and the ticking doesn't have a pattern to it. :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts