Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When driving there is a ticking noise that seems to come from the front passenger side of my 2006 pilot. It gets louder and more rapid as I accelerate. From what I've read it can be 1 of 2 things.. the timing or cam shaft. Has anyone else experienced this 1st hand? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
When driving there is a ticking noise that seems to come from the front passenger side of my 2006 pilot. It gets louder and more rapid as I accelerate. From what I've read it can be 1 of 2 things.. the timing or cam shaft. Has anyone else experienced this 1st hand? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
There are different ticks, clicks and tats. A posted recording would help. Yes, a great concern would be timing belt tensioner failure, but it can be much more profound than just a tick.

Reactions: Av10sguy

·
Registered
322 Posts
Also check your lug nuts on the front wheel if 1-2 are loosening up they tick and will get louder with higher speed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It can't hurt to take it in for a quick inspection. Coming from my own personal experience with my 2006, I had 180k when i started to hear what I thought was a lifter tick.. it was the timing.. technically it was a tensioner that failed which is more common and it didn't last more than 2 days after i started to hear the tick. The T-belt jumped a lot of teeth, the engine "kissed" itself and a new engine was needed for me. Act sooner, i wish i did. Would have saved me 4,000 !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts