Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! This is my first post and I’m not very car savvy so I apologize in advance. I have a 2007 Pilot with about 107k miles. For quite a while now I get a ticking noise that is very rhythmic coming from the front of the car. It comes on at about 30 mph and will tick as long as I have my foot on the gas maintaining that speed. But if I lift my foot off it stops. It will also stop if I accelerate. But if I again am just maintaining speed it starts again. I had a mechanic who I thought was great and got great reviews but they couldn’t figure it out. Looked at everything and said well we will know if it gets worse. I don’t want it to get worse! If it’s an issue I’d rather fix it now. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Have your brakes checked and CV axles from another mechanic sounds like a brake pad binding

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
How frequent and how loud the sound is? What direction is it coming from? Is it more prominent when there is a curb or a wall beside the car when driving? Is it more prominent with open windows or closed?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts