Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 2010 Touring Edition Pilot I recently purchased. At random times and with the radio on or off there is a "thumping sound" coming from the speakers. It is random as to when it happens and lasts anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes and then stops as quickly as it starts. The only common thing I have noticed is if it is going to happen it occurs at start up. It never happens when the car is in the middle of a drive.

In searching on this forum I have come across threads that link a sound from the speakers coming to the addition of an aftermarket Ipod adapter or issue with aftermarket amplifiers. But in those cases it would seem the noise stops when the radio is off. In my case the radio being on or off makes no difference. I do not have an aftermarket amplifier although I have discovered an aftermarket USB adapter in the center console. I will be looking at how to take the center console apart and remove this USB adapter. I tried to make an audio recording of the sound and have attached it to this post via a dropbox link.

If anyone has any thoughts on other causes or things to check please let me know.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts