Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start my pilot as soon as I take off in drive I hear a thump or clunk kind of sound from the front right tire area. Once it does it this one time it does not doing it again until I turn off the car then take of in drive again. Any ideas what this might be or where it exactly coming from? Pilot only 5 months old with 6k miles. This noise has been going on for a while now. Have not taken to dealership because I am afraid they will say "Cant duplicate the problem"

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Thump/clunks can have a few different sources. Inspect the strut, sway bar bushings and end links for wear. Your Pilot is not old but anything is possible so look/inspect for anything loose. Does the noise appear when the front end is flexed when parked?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s when I reverse then pull forward. I would have to say I think it does it when I am straightening my tires to pull forward. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Recommend a trip to the dealer as the '19 should still be under warranty. If the noise seems to occur upon take off they should be able to replicate it or find it upon further inspection.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,304 Posts
Have not taken to dealership because I am afraid they will say "Cant duplicate the problem"
It is 100% guaranteed that the dealer can't duplicate the problem if you don't take the vehicle to them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts