Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen quite a number of you Pilot owners with the rooftop carriers and I decided to add a carrier to mine, but I wanted something a little different so I went with the Thule Playpen (I added the 18" extension as well).

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A little closer

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Installation was fairly straightforward and mounted to the factory cross bars.

The hardest part was picking it up and putting it on top of the Pilot since I was tackling this on my own. A few times, I came within inches of dropping it and scratching the side of the truck (yes, I am known to have 2 left feet at times.)

It also comes with 2 load bars so once I get around to fixing my mountain bike, I'll pick up the bike attachment and find some trails!

All in all, it took about an hour to install because had to enlarge 2 of the screwholes slightly with my trusty uni-bit (the screws hold the different pieces together, you should be able to see the screws in one of the pictures.)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
killrbeez: You accessories are looking great!!! So great, that, I added your photo to my on-going collection of honda-pilot.org member's accessories in the thread Which accessory should be at the top of the list?!!!

P.S. Bummer on that cargo cover group buy -- hardly anyone seemed to want it...
thanks! it's like i was nominated for an award or something :D

oh well. maybe i'll try that GB again in a little while (once again, i appreciate the multiple bumps!)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thanks killrbeez!

I am going down to REI to see if I can pick one up. Man that looks great and is bigger than the one I have.

Don

·
Registered
25 Posts
Any noticeable increase in wind noise or decrease in gas mileage from the drag?

db

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dbursch said:
Any noticeable increase in wind noise or decrease in gas mileage from the drag?

db
I haven't noticed any noise at all with the basket.

To tell you the truth, I havent gone anywhere far enough to be able to gauge whether or not mileage has gone up or down. But I will report any findings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts