Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have this combo on the 2015 Pilot? I'm wondering if there is any hatchback interference.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I can't speak to this specific box but I had the Sears X-Cargo Sport 20 and the Thule Evolution 6410 (also from Sears) on the factory roof rack and both could be adjusted to get sufficient clearance. I usually throw the box on the roof loose, open the rear hatch, shift the box back towards the hatch (maybe 2-3" clear when open), shift it all the way to the passenger side (the Evolution is an older design and only opens from the passenger side so this makes reaching the hardware easier) then lock it down.

Sorry, no pics of the Evolution on the Pilot, only on the Traverse since we mostly use that for trips. I do have some of the Sport 20 if you want to see but it's a totally different shape box.

Reactions: downbeat

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
This would really suck if you found out the hard way with the power gate option :)
Also what is the point to them ? Since they became more streamlined it seamed that they lost the cargo space .i have an old version of one dating back to the 90's you can almost put a body in that thing. :)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
This would really suck if you found out the hard way with the power gate option :)
Also what is the point to them ? Since they became more streamlined it seamed that they lost the cargo space .i have an old version of one dating back to the 90's you can almost put a body in that thing. :)
To Tahoefever's point, try out and REI or the like to do a quick test fit, I've heard of this being allowed before. Or take a bunch of measurements to get an idea of your roof rack/cross bar/ tailgate locations and go measure the crap out of the mounting holes in an REI or other store.

Lastly, there are smaller streamlined ones, but the one I have is 18 CF, it's very wide and very tall in the middle and back sections. We traveled from MD to Orlando with it in February and it allowed us to bring extra strollers and baby gear and other random crap that I got to carry in and out of resorts. We were not hurting for space with it.

I'll also add, I had a Thule Summit at one point, which is more of a sedan ski holding type of cargo box. We mounted it on my '06 Accord. That thing held way more than you would expect, they are taller and wider than you think when you look at them (or your stuff is smaller than you think).

Reactions: Tahoefever

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here's my Thule Atlantis 1600 on my 14' Pilot........no issues whatsoever......I believe I moved my crossbars all the way forward and the box itself has some play in the position of the attaching points.
I wanna say this is about 20 years old and it holds so much stuff!!! It's a lifesaver on vacations!
Only specs I could find 74 x 16.3 x 36 inches

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Here's my Thule Atlantis 1600 on my 14' Pilot........no issues whatsoever......I believe I moved my crossbars all the way forward and the box itself has some play in the position of the attaching points.
I wanna say this is about 20 years old and it holds so much stuff!!! It's a lifesaver on vacations!
Only specs I could find 74 x 16.3 x 36 inches

Great the boss saw this pic...nice ride BTW !...... just added this to my honey do list ..thanks m8 :)

Reactions: Farnsrocket
1 - 6 of 6 Posts