Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get back to a thread from last week. I'm the one with the clicking sound in my dash. I searched and could not find the thread.I said I would report back. .
Well anyway, the dealer said it was a strut. Such a big part for such a little noise. Only had my pilot 3 weeks. I hope they are right. They had to order the part. .

·
Registered
252 Posts
Did you post under "Problems?" I would think this is the logical main heading. I certainly hope yours is not a 2004 model -- I thought they had this thing fixed midway through the 2003 model year. Or is this information inaccurate?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Pilotgal said:
How do I get back to a thread from last week. I'm the one with the clicking sound in my dash. I searched and could not find the thread.I said I would report back. .
Well anyway, the dealer said it was a strut. Such a big part for such a little noise. Only had my pilot 3 weeks. I hope they are right. They had to order the part. .

you could go to your profile and see all posing by your username. Since you only have "4" searching will not be difficult.:D

·
Registered
449 Posts
Pilotgal said:
Here is the thread: Clicking sound

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
clicking

No my Pilot is a 2003. Are the 2004's out. I could not get any info from the dealers regarding new features or prices. They kept telling me they would cost more, and Honda only makes changes every 3 0r 4 years. I wanted the Sandstone with leather & Navigation system and 4 dealers were looikng for me. Finally after 6 weeks one called me. I ran over to get it. I got $1500 off MSRP, but maybe that was because they knew the 04"s would be out.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Re: clicking

Pilotgal said:
No my Pilot is a 2003. Are the 2004's out. I could not get any info from the dealers regarding new features or prices. They kept telling me they would cost more, and Honda only makes changes every 3 0r 4 years. I wanted the Sandstone with leather & Navigation system and 4 dealers were looikng for me. Finally after 6 weeks one called me. I ran over to get it. I got $1500 off MSRP, but maybe that was because they knew the 04"s would be out.
I understand that some members of this board have begun picking up 2004s -- in fact we have members who have posted information about their 04s, noting that they are now able to adust their 2nd row seats, etc. I guess 1500 off MSRP isn't bad . What is bothersome is the clicking noise -- I thought they had this thing fixed late 2002. I think our senior members should be able to provide you with more information. BTW, what is the production date of your Pilot? -- Update. Searching through the TSB thread, I came across the document entitled Service Bulletin 02-045. "Symptom: A creaking or ticking comes from the dashboard or front fender area. The noise occurs when driving over bumps, and sometimes when braking or turning." This applies to "2003 Pilot from VIN 2HKYF18..3H500001 thru 2HKYF18..3H508459" The TSB doesn't mention anything about replacing a strut, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts