Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about the 2020 pilot ?
Online I have seen prices around starting 50k +

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I like the look of the facelift. I'm not crazy about the lack of a center console with a built in arm rest, the lack of dual exhaust, the digital parts of the gauge cluster or a couple other odds and ends. I do like how LEDs are standard on every trim, how they made the rear turn signals amber (this is one of my weird preferences) and the green color.

Overall, if we were on the hunt, it would be looked as well as the Palisade, Telluride, Atlas and Traverse. I need a functional 3rd row so the Highlander and CX-9 are out. I'm not that interested in CVTs or 4 cylinders so the Pathfinder, Ascent and Explorer are out. I couldn't get a Durango without the V8 and our budget wouldn't allow it so that's out.

The biggest reservation I would have when looking at the Atlas is how they just decreased the warranty. I was really interested with the 10 year setup, now I'd have to be blown away. So it's likely the Traverse (largest crossover by far), Pilot (because we have one and I've been a Honda fanboy my whole life), Telluride and Palisade (the Hyundais in the family have just been too good not to give them serious consideration).

Since you started the thread, what do you think?

·
Registered
142 Posts
2020 is exactly the same as the 2019 in every way, there are zero changes, so if looking for opinions on the '20, you can also look to those about the 19's as they are the same vehicle with just a difference in VIN numbers indicating the year.

So far I love my 3 month old 2019 Canadian Touring.

I compared it primarily to the Highlander (after driving a 2004 Sienna to 250000 km with almost zero cost other than oil, brakes and tires my inner self wanted another Toyota) and the Subaru Ascent.

The Highlander lost because of no Android Auto and lack of space (the Pilot is significantly larger inside despite looking very similar in size from the outside). The 2020 Highlander (not yet available) solves the AA problem, but I don't know what they were thinking with the redesign styling... to me it's fugly as it gets in about every department.

The Subaru lost out because of the CVT and Turbo Boxer engine. Not interested in either of those. I also didn't like the styling of it's elongated front end, looks out of place and not well integrated.

VW didn't even make the list because of the past emissions scandal, and poor owner satisfaction reports.

Same with Kia and Hyundai, not on the list, because, well, IMO they are half the vehicle in terms of quality at 95% of the price. Not interested.

Ford/GM/Dodge - not interested. I had too many bad experiences with those over the years. That's why I buy Honda and Toyota now.

Cheers!

·
Banned
379 Posts
2019 EX-L doing just fine so far. Personally I wouldn't go higher than that trim, but I know some people like all the gadgets. Same as 2020 as far as I know. I don't think they changed anything.

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
2020 is exactly the same as the 2019 in every way, there are zero changes, ...
Not quite true.

Changes for 2020 model year:
1) New Black Edition trim level
2) Honda Sensing standard on all trim levels
3) Honda i-VTM4 torque-vectoring all-wheel drive available on all trim levels

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please do your research on the 2020 pilot as I have one for about 3 weeks and it’s been non stop at the dealer with infotainment issues. Currently waiting for the replacement infotainment to arrive in 7 days (ridiculous) to have it replaced.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not quite true.

Changes for 2020 model year:
1) New Black Edition trim level
2) Honda Sensing standard on all trim levels
3) Honda i-VTM4 torque-vectoring all-wheel drive available on all trim levels
Well, as I said... no changes. This is still true from my Canuck perspective... Those were all standard here in Canada last year, we don't get any 2wd versions, they are all AWD (with i-VTM4) across all trim levels with Honda Sensing on all, and we also had the Black Edition last year. This year we have the Black Edition but also available in white if that makes any sense, but I don't count adding a paint color as a change.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
They should have kept the 1st gen body all along and made evolutionary improvements such as easier maintenance (MDX style hubs, 2nd gen style LCA, easy no-tools-required cabin filter replacement, etc)
The new soap-boxy body with no center console armrest is a deal killer IMO, and every next year makes things even worse. Do not get me started about Civic style headrests and overall cheapo look and feel.
The new 4Runner is a different story.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Way to go 'Hoe... you started a thread that devolved into arguments like so many others recently!

It's the holidays, why aren't people happier and nicer?

Reactions: 2_Stroke

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got to love the holidays

·
Registered
294 Posts
lol. In other words, depending on locale there are changes or no changes. My question to Honda is why are we always playing catch up in the US? To be very sincere with y’all, I considered going up north to purchase the 2019 Black Edition but gave up on the idea when I evaluated all the almost impossible barriers I would have to cross to bring it in. Honda USA is obviously one year behind Canada. That sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
They consider the Canadian's as a "test market". Let everything break on them then bring us the finished product!

Honda should be charging them all double, what a poor job they are doing QCing everything for us superior Statesmen!

Also, should add, I love my Canadian brethren, even the French Canadians who I can barely understand... sound like a dog with peanut bitter in its mouth.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Don’t count out the MDX. We just got a 2020 with Advance Package and RES for 50k. Really nice! The Acura dealers wanted to deal way more than the Honda ones. Ours is a 7 passenger. Wife hates the captains chairs.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts