Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the Navtool is expensive and customer support is very poor but it sounds like it may be the best route to get Android Auto into a 2013 EX-L.

I have seen a couple threads on here with some good experience with the mirroring Navtool module, but has anyone purchased the Android Auto version, and how do you like it?

If not what have others done to get Android Auto in their Pilots?

Thanks all,
Tony

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
upgraded to a newer Pilot to get the Android auto ...

·
Registered
483 Posts
You can have a look at this thread.

I am presently working on doing something similar in my 2013 Pilot.
You can't really remove the stock audio unit cause it has a number of systems integrated into it. But if you do not mind losing the 'trip computer' display, a new head unit can be installed in place of the screen, but it requires some substantial modding and playing with factory wiring in order to make use of stock camera, BT microphone etc.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The Pilot's infotainment system was archaic even when new. On long road trips when I want to a cool display for nav, music, etc., I just sync up my tablet. I've got a cup holder mount with a long neck that holds the tablet at a nice angle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can have a look at this thread.

I am presently working on doing something similar in my 2013 Pilot.
You can't really remove the stock audio unit cause it has a number of systems integrated into it. But if you do not mind losing the 'trip computer' display, a new head unit can be installed in place of the screen, but it requires some substantial modding and playing with factory wiring in order to make use of stock camera, BT microphone etc.
Thanks! I hadn't seen that thread. I'll probably end up replacing the speakers and add a small amp. Probably won't go with the navtool and just leave the factory HU as is

·
Registered
66 Posts
I currently have the Navtool AA/CP/Mirroring interface. It works great. Naviks' also has an AA/CP interface at $325+/-

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
483 Posts
I currently have the Navtool AA/CP/Mirroring interface. It works great. Naviks' also has an AA/CP interface at $325+/-

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
So you got a Navtool with Android Auto and jog dial working in a 2012-15 Pilot? Good to know, cause their site is not very clear. This is good news for those wanting proper phone support without doing a major rework.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts