Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

Registered
Luke 21:29-31
Well then we all best brace ourselves. Here's an actual picture of my fig tree taken today.

Hey @Nail Grease, I was thinking of you at supper this evening, my friend, while making my canned tomato soup. Do you also use the condensed soup where you have to add 50% water? :p

Registered

Registered
Hey @Nail Grease, I was thinking of you at supper this evening, my friend, while making my canned tomato soup. Do you also use the condensed soup where you have to add 50% water? :p

Yes, but very little H2O (filtered). 馃崪

Reactions: plplplpl

Registered
Slight tangent... Do the radiators have a history of shorter service life? If so, what's the common failure mode, excluding accident damage? Is it coolant related?

Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
I don't know that they have a shorter service life per say. I think that a lot of the issues that come up are owner related in the fact that many radiators out there now are aluminum instead of the standard brass or copper coated radiator. The chemicals used to prolong radiator life are 1 specially formulated for particular radiator types and 2 lack of proper maintenance, including changing the coolant. The coolant itself does not degrade, the additives to help maintain the system do however degrade over time . By not flushing and filling the radiator with new coolant as prescribed life is shortened.

Also by not using the proper coolant and/or water combination. I can't count the number of people I have seen who needed to top off their radiator grab the garden hose and top it off instead of using distilled water. Shoot, 30+ years ago if you pulled in to the full service bay at the gas station, yes children back in the day there were guys called gas jockeys who would fill your car, check your oil, tires etc., and if they need to top of a radiator they would grab the garden hose that every good gas station had right there at the pumps.

Registered
yes children back int he day there were guys called gas jockeys who would fill your car, check your oil, tires etc.
... AKA Vehicle Fuel Conveyance Technician (VFCT), and they wore spiffy uniforms with bow ties and called you "sir."

Caption: Archival image of @Daltongang out for a Sunday drive with the missus back in his heyday.

Registered
By the way, I remember they still have full service gas stations in Japan, and I mean full service. Furthermore, the attendants could just as likely be female. I'd even get the full treatment on my Honda Lead 90 pictured in my avatar. All I'd have to do is pull in and say "銉偖銉ャ儵銉兼簚銈裤兂銇с亰椤樸亜銇椼伨銇欍" then sit back and watch the choreography.

Registered
What's this green stuff in my rebuilt Honda Pilot radiator? Oh that's right, I put Prestone concentrate and distilled water in it about 9 months ago and haven't opened the cap since. Still looks nice and clean for the summer. No grimaces, Nothing for the fear mongers. If only there was a blue concentrate at Wal-mart for $10 a gallon. Then maybe I could shake the stigma.

Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
What's this green stuff in my rebuilt Honda Pilot radiator? Oh that's right, I put Prestone concentrate and distilled water in it about 9 months ago and haven't opened the cap since. Still looks nice and clean for the summer. No grimaces, Nothing for the fear mongers. If only there was a blue concentrate at Wal-mart for $10 a gallon. Then maybe I can shake the stigma.
View attachment 136303
I think it may be more of a case of someone having a love of all things green. Coolant.....................shop rag underwear............. Still haven't decided if the second item got that way in the shop or came to the shop with the lovely green color you have shown in the past. 馃槅

Registered
I think it may be more of a case of someone having a love of all things green. Coolant.....................shop rag underwear............. Still haven't decided if the second item got that way in the shop or came to the shop with the lovely green color you have shown in the past. 馃槅
馃 I've still got the Hanes shop rag. I could mail them to you for closer examination and or smell test.
I have various colors in the drawer. I have no favorite color, although there are colors I'm less fond of.

Reactions: Daltongang

Registered
FWIW, the factory fill coolant for my Pilot was green.
Well that probably explains why the 04 Civic I accuired had green in it.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts