Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Pilot with 192k. Sometimes I need to crank away before starting. But if I turn on the ignition for 4 seconds or so, then crank it, it starts right up. Assuming the check valve is not maintaining pressure very well. Replaced the fuel pump to no avail. Still exhibits the problem. Anyone have any Next Steps to consider? Danke in voraus!

·
Banned
152 Posts
If you are not having any other symptoms.....Check the fuel pressure regulator.....It may not be holding fuel in the line when parked for sometime or overnight.....

If the regulator has fuel in the vacuum hose.....or shows any signs of leakage or moisture on the body.....it is probably bad.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are not having any other symptoms.....Check the fuel pressure regulator.....It may not be holding fuel in the line when parked for sometime or overnight.....

If the regulator has fuel in the vacuum hose.....or shows any signs of leakage or moisture on the body.....it is probably bad.....
Thanks GF! I'll try that next. Maybe wait until Jan when its nice and cold outside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts