Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have started the process with our 2019 Pilot Touring. Infotainment issues galore. Have started receiving offers from honda. Curious to see what others have experienced with this process. Has anyone gone to arbitration? Filed actual lawsuit? Or just accepted what they think is the best offer coming from honda?

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
How did you get to this point? Did Honda initiate it or did you? I may have to go down the same road as my '19 Elite has been back 5X so far for the infotainment issues and it's still happening.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you get to this point? Did Honda initiate it or did you? I may have to go down the same road as my '19 Elite has been back 5X so far for the infotainment issues and it's still happening.
Hey

We started it. We rejected their first offer and and now have a second. Our attorney says it is higher than he expected. But beyond that is not offering much advise. Kind of a if we reject we can go to arbitration and that is 50/50 win/lose. If we lose that we can hire an attorney to file suit. The arbiters decision is admissible in court.
Baffled that honda is allowed to continue selling vehicles with the same safety issues over and over again.

Ours, radio pops and cracks, nav system popped on and off randomly, gauges and radio would shut completely shut completely off riding down the road. Leaving us with no gauges at all.

Their latest fix seems to have stopped all issues except one and that is the Nav system popping on randomly. The said the harnesses were strung too tight from one item to the other and re routing them is the "fix" this puts a little slack in them so they cannot pull loose and cause issues.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Hey

We started it. We rejected their first offer and and now have a second. Our attorney says it is higher than he expected. But beyond that is not offering much advise. Kind of a if we reject we can go to arbitration and that is 50/50 win/lose. If we lose that we can hire an attorney to file suit. The arbiters decision is admissible in court.
Baffled that honda is allowed to continue selling vehicles with the same safety issues over and over again.

Ours, radio pops and cracks, nav system popped on and off randomly, gauges and radio would shut completely shut completely off riding down the road. Leaving us with no gauges at all.

Their latest fix seems to have stopped all issues except one and that is the Nav system popping on randomly. The said the harnesses were strung too tight from one item to the other and re routing them is the "fix" this puts a little slack in them so they cannot pull loose and cause issues.
Thanks for the reply. Same here - all of the above. It started as popping through front tweeters. After getting the dealer to take me seriously by providing video evidence, they supposedly worked with Honda factory tech line support and reseated all the MOST bus connectors. Well, latest TSB now tells dealers to stop doing that. After that repair attempt, the crackling got worse. Then they replaced the Blu-Ray player. After that, it became exponentially worse. On the next repair attempt, they replaced the dash cluster and center stack. Then we started getting the display going blank, etc. In came the Honda factory tech/engineer. He replaced the amplifier and the associated wiring connector. Honda's attitude was that this was it, their guy was the be-all and end-all.... After this, it was going to be fixed for sure. Nope, still getting crackling and popping.

Now, I am at a crossroads. Florida lemon law specifies three repair attempted and/or 15 days out of service. Well, I eclipse both of those figures - we've easily gone 30 days with the vehicle out of service and have had five repair attempts. According to what I just read on the AG's website, I have to give them a final attempt to repair. So, I think I am going to fill out that form and send it to Honda via registered mail.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like they did to you about everything they did to us. Honda just doesn't really seem concerned. We are concerned that just because it seems to be working now does not mean it will for long. I would like to know has anyone else been to arbitration? If so how did that work out and then has anyone filed suit. How did it go?

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Sounds like they did to you about everything they did to us. Honda just doesn't really seem concerned. We are concerned that just because it seems to be working now does not mean it will for long. I would like to know has anyone else been to arbitration? If so how did that work out and then has anyone filed suit. How did it go?
That is my biggest gripe in all of this. The guy I dealt with from corporate customer service was a jerk.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Same here - all of the above. It started as popping through front tweeters. After getting the dealer to take me seriously by providing video evidence, they supposedly worked with Honda factory tech line support and reseated all the MOST bus connectors. Well, latest TSB now tells dealers to stop doing that. After that repair attempt, the crackling got worse. Then they replaced the Blu-Ray player. After that, it became exponentially worse. On the next repair attempt, they replaced the dash cluster and center stack. Then we started getting the display going blank, etc. In came the Honda factory tech/engineer. He replaced the amplifier and the associated wiring connector. Honda's attitude was that this was it, their guy was the be-all and end-all.... After this, it was going to be fixed for sure. Nope, still getting crackling and popping.

Now, I am at a crossroads. Florida lemon law specifies three repair attempted and/or 15 days out of service. Well, I eclipse both of those figures - we've easily gone 30 days with the vehicle out of service and have had five repair attempts. According to what I just read on the AG's website, I have to give them a final attempt to repair. So, I think I am going to fill out that form and send it to Honda via registered mail.
It may save you lots of headache to hire a lawyer specialized in lemon law. Years ago, a colleague of mine filed a lemon. He mentioned the cost of a lawyer was $1xxx something (in Texas). That's all he paid. It took a while, but he was satisfied with the end result. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
It may save you lots of headache to hire a lawyer specialized in lemon law. Years ago, a colleague of mine filed a lemon. He mentioned the cost of a lawyer was $1xxx something (in Texas). That's all he paid. It took a while, but he was satisfied with the end result. Good luck.
I have a friend in town who is an attorney. I believe his firm has a guy who specializes in lemon law. I'm going to at least have a conversation before I do anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts