Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
first time poster long time lurker
Can someone please confirm if the third row seat for the Honda Pilot 2021 EXL reclines ?
thank you in advance !

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,876 Posts
Think airline coach seat recline with a long legged person behind you. About 2" difference.

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
Up or Down
Open or Closed
All I know is they're plumb worthless if you don't transport little ones.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
I don't think the third row seats actually recline. They're either up clicked into position, or folded down.

Second row seats recline a bit, maybe six inches.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
With the 2nd row folded down its actually quite nice to "ride" back there.
My kids used to want that "limousine" setup, but I deemed it unsafe. Yes, I was a killjoy, but since they would then stretch out their legs in front of them up on top of the folded down second row, I figured better to deal with the momentary disappointment than months of traction if their little legs snapped broken in the wrong direction in the case of an emergency stop or an impact.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,876 Posts
I don't think the third row seats actually recline. They're either up clicked into position, or folded down.

I do believe on the 2nd gens they did recline. Like I stated only about 2" but they did recline. They would go from almost straight up to slightly more than straight up.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts
My kids used to want that "limousine" setup, but I deemed it unsafe. Yes, I was a killjoy, but since they would then stretch out their legs in front of them up on top of the folded down second row, I figured better to deal with the momentary disappointment than months of traction if their little legs snapped broken in the wrong direction in the case of an emergency stop or an impact.
They were wearing their seat belts back there too, right?

You KillJoy!

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
590 Posts
Up or Down
Open or Closed
All I know is they're plumb worthless if you don't transport little ones.

I would disagree.... but you might have overlooked my punctuation.

Good call for the kids.

When my 2nd row is folded down the car isn't actually moving but it might be rocking.

·
Registered
113 Posts

There are two positions for the seat when up

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I do believe on the 2nd gens they did recline. Like I stated only about 2" but they did recline. They would go from almost straight up to slightly more than straight up.
Well, they've become softies, given in and given 2nd and 3rd genners creature comforts, it seems. Us 1st genners raise our children to sit up straight. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts