Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the third row seat in my 2014 Pilot fold completely flat? I thought I had it flat in the past, but now I can't figure out how to do it again.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you are able to fold it but it is not latching into place there may be something under the seat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm. I will check on that. If that's the case, then both seat sections are jammed by the same thing. Let me check it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, there isn't anything obstructing it. And, when I bring either seat back down, I can hear it latch. Maybe it just isn't designed to go completely flat? The owner's manual doesn't say anything yes or no about the third seat being level.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
If it's not flat it's darn near flat when ours are folded. You've got something obstructing the seats. Maybe moving both second row seats with the lever like you are getting in the 3rd row, make sure the 3rd row headrests are all the way down and have someone operate it while you watch. I was operating ours quite a bit this weekend, no special treatment needed they were very cooperative.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
There's a continuous slope up from the deck starting at the rear door forward to the front seats, if that's what you are asking. If the third row seats fold to where they latch, that's as far down as they go. You can verify by folding one of the second-row seats and see how the front of the third-row deck matches up with the back of the second-row deck.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Take and post a picture showing how it looks when folded.
When I fold both 3rd and 2nd rows for max cargo space, they form a contiguous straight surface.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts