Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Pilot on 08/01/03. I installed the kid's car seats in the third row last night so that my wife could take a trip to the zoo with a friend and her kids as well. The seat belt buckle on the passenger side of the third row seems to sit a bit forward of point where the seat back and seat bottom meet. As a result, I could not get the car seat (a Graco high back bucket looking seat) to sit firmly against the back of the seat. The right side (the side with the buckle - against the wheel well) would slide forward a bit when I pulled on the seat. I used the tether to firm things up a bit, but I am not happy with the arrangement. Has anyone else experienced this? If there was a LATCH system in the third row, I'd simply get a retro-fit kit.

dj

·
Registered
393 Posts
djhaslbeck said:
I picked up my Pilot on 08/01/03. I installed the kid's car seats in the third row last night so that my wife could take a trip to the zoo with a friend and her kids as well. The seat belt buckle on the passenger side of the third row seems to sit a bit forward of point where the seat back and seat bottom meet. As a result, I could not get the car seat (a Graco high back bucket looking seat) to sit firmly against the back of the seat. The right side (the side with the buckle - against the wheel well) would slide forward a bit when I pulled on the seat. I used the tether to firm things up a bit, but I am not happy with the arrangement. Has anyone else experienced this? If there was a LATCH system in the third row, I'd simply get a retro-fit kit.

dj
djhaslbeck,

There are existing tether mounts for the 3rd row to hold back the back of the carseat. They are the little slide out squares in the plastic molding near the bottom of the tailgate opening. Take another look. They should work out for you.

Happy Baby Piloting

·
Registered
920 Posts
It sucks that there are not LATCH mounts in the 3rd row as well...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Read and Look A Little Closer People....

There are LATCH systems for car seats in the PILOT in BOTH the 2nd and 3rd rows.

You need to do two things:

1: Look in the vehicle, the LATCH points are clearly marked

2: Read the damn owner's manuel before you get on this site and complain about the PILOT not having something that is actually does.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: Read and Look A Little Closer People....

PILOTinginCO said:
There are LATCH systems for car seats in the PILOT in BOTH the 2nd and 3rd rows.

2: Read the damn owner's manuel before you get on this site and complain about the PILOT not having something that is actually does.
%Edited by colorider%...the 3rd row does NOT have LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren), it only has the top tether. You would still need to secure the bottom part of the seat with a seatbelt. So before you start shooting off your mouth about something that you CLEARLY know nothing about, perhaps YOU should read YOUR owner's manual. Dig it???

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:rolleyes: has this thread gone to the gutters or what?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thank you, djhaslbeck. I thought that I was the only one that had noticed this. I initially posted about this on the forum, Nov.11 and a more detailed message on the knowledge base #29. Our local dealer has made Honda customer service and engineering aware of this problem complete with pictures.

PILOTinginCO...
LATCH stands for Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren. LATCH includes two lower anchor attachments AND a top tether. The term is often used generically to refer only to the pair of fixed lower anchors built into the bight or crack between the seat back and seat cushion. These anchors are specifically designed for carseat installation.

the little slide out squares in the plastic molding near the bottom of the tailgate opening
**These are only for the top tether only**

'L' =lower and 'A' =anchor (L A tch) are located in the seat 'bight' only on the outboard seating positions of the 2nd row...there are NONE in the 3rd row.

I initially posted about this on the forum, Nov.11 and a more detailed message on the knowledge base #29. Our local dealer has made Honda customer service and engineering aware of this problem complete with pictures.

We have since found that installing the carseat snugly using the seatbelt in the 3rd row is possible...keep the seat back in the 3rd row slightly reclined and do a regular install as tight as possible. Then, set the seat back to its most upright position and it pulls the carseat really snug against the seat back.

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey folks...you should ratchet things down a bit. It is wasy to get confused with the variety of car seat anchors available (hey...they made LATCH since people couldn't figure out how to attach a car seat with a seat belt).

No one is trying to insult anyone...if anything, I think that people on this fourm go overboard to help. It would be great if that was the spirit we could all take.

--Bret

·
Registered
365 Posts
Well said, Bret. No need to insult each other here.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Thread Suspended

<h2><u>This thread is temporarily closed until further notice...</u></h2>:14:

kemosabe

·
Registered
991 Posts
Kemosabe, thanks for the opening...

Boy, I thought people could ask legitimate questions on this board? Hope one of my questions in the future does not spark a fire:eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
3rd rows child seat

Man, what a rawl! Thanks, BCGAL! I'll try it.

dj
:13:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Re: Read and Look A Little Closer People....

PILOTinginCO said:

Who's Manuel?
:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Read and Look A Little Closer People....

kemosabe said:

...was heck of a nice guy!! :)

Manuel Noriega, former president of Panama... :D
Wow!!!! He seemed like such a nice guy when I knew him! :eek:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Wait till you meet Joe :13:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts