Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. My husband likes the white Pilot better than my sandstone.

2. If you own the white Pilot that had a sandstone running beside you for several miles on I-4 near Orlando on November 10, that was my husband admiring your vehicle and telling me I should have gotten the white.

3. When my son throws up, he really throws up!

4. Throw up is really hard to get out of the deep canals where the seat belt latches come out of the seat. (going to have to get that professionally cleaned this week.)

5. The second row is really comfortable for a 5'4" person on a 10 hour each way trip, but not when you are watching your child throw up.

6. Don't feed your child barbecue pork rinds on a long trip.

7. The Goodyears handled the massive storm on November 16 just fine, although I really want Michelins!

8. If you drive I-95 from SC to FL, you can see several Pilots, in an array of colors!

9. With the third row seat down, you can haul three adults, two children, two full sized strollers, one BIG suitcase, 4 small suitcases, two pillows, blankets from home, lots of snacks, etc, etc, and still have all the leg room you can use!!!

10. All-weather mats will save your carpet from things other than the weather (see #3 above).

11. When you miss a week of honda-pilot.org, you get really behind. (1,200 new posts!)

12. Even though my husband likes the white Pilot better, I still think my sandstone is BEAUTIFUL. And since I make the payments, who cares what he thinks!!!

13. If you are thinking of visiting Disney World, now is a perfect time. The very longest line we waited in was for Space Mountain, and it was only 15 minutes. Walked right on Splash Mountain (for those of you who know the ride, this is usually a very long wait, or Fast Pass!)

14. And finally...I LOVE MY PILOT!!! I've always had a sedan or two door, so I had no idea what I was missing in not having an SUV. Now I know, and there's no going back now!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
Sounds like you did have a good time inspite of your son and your husband! :p

So there's alot of Pilot's up in O-town? Wonder when we'll get more down here. All CRV's still.

Glad you're back and... maybe next year. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
There's nothing like throw-up to christen a new car and officially make it "unnew". My son threw up cheese pizza in my BMW wagon a few years back and as much as I cleaned it, the smell just permeated the whole car and believe me, it really does have to be professionally detailed to get it out!! Glad to hear that Disney was a great trip. I agree that this is the best time of the year to go--not too hot, not too cold and the crowds are really at a minimum. We went around this time about 6 years ago and it was a blast!!

:) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Glad to hear about the vacation, going to Disney with the family in a couple of weeks (flying, leaving the Pilot in the garage) I did take a short trip in the Pilot and enjoyed the ride and visibility, even had a panic stop and was impressed by the vehicles antilock, really haven't had much problems with the Goodyears, wish it came with somthing else though. I do have that annoying rattle in the window, oh well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Re: #3, I use both dramamine chewables (orange flavor) and we carry plastic (barf) bags for my 3 year old daughter. We also always carry a change of clothes.

Evergreen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
catbert said:
3. When my son throws up, he really throws up!
4. Throw up is really hard to get out of the deep canals where the seat belt latches come out of the seat. (going to have to get that professionally cleaned this week.)
***
6. Don't feed your child barbecue pork rinds on a long trip.

R O A R I N G!!!!

Oh Cat ... that is just a scream. You write beautifully!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
need to add another observation

15. If you were wondering why there are big holes in the front headrests, they are there for the people in the second row. If no one is setting in the front passenger seat, it is easy for the person behind that seat to see out. The seat backs are so high, even with "theater seating" you can't see in front of you.


And Evergreen:

I was reading a post from you on another thread a few minutes ago and read you signature line. I was rolling in the floor! Think I might add the bags and drugs to that netted pocket behind the driver's seat!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Think I might add the bags and drugs to that netted pocket behind the driver's seat!!
We keep the drugs in the non-ashtray. The bags are stored all over the car so no matter where we are one will be in easy reach because, as we've learned, you never know when you're going to need one and usually you don't have much time to search for it. I mean, wouldn't it be too bad if you stored the bags in the car and didn't have enough time to get it.

:16:

Evergreen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
Evergreen said:
We keep the drugs in the non-ashtray. The bags are stored all over the car so no matter where we are one will be in easy reach because, as we've learned, you never know when you're going to need one and usually you don't have much time to search for it. I mean, wouldn't it be too bad if you stored the bags in the car and didn't have enough time to get it.
PMJI but, I read your response BEFORE I knew what you were responding to. If you re-read the above without benefit of knowing or recalling the preceding thread, it sounds like you are one very bold drug dealer/user.

Yep, yep, yep ... "I keep my drugs in the non-ashtray."


Hoping we all stay off of
the TV Show "Cops"
CopperPoppy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
Hide the baggies and close the ashtray! Too funny! :26:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Catbert, CP, and Sage,

I'm glad to see someone is enjoying my posts.

BTW, you can append the following to the post referred to (it too can be interpreted both ways):

I forgot to mention that using ziploc bags is crucial. Once the bags are filled you don't want any odors to escape from the bag. Ziploc seals in the scent quite well and nobody will have any idea what has been going on in the car if the bags are filled and sealed well. My 3 year old has become quite adept at this process, of filling and sealing, but that's only because she's had a lot of practice.

Evergreen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
Evergreen said:
Catbert, CP, and Sage,

I'm glad to see someone is enjoying my posts.

BTW, you can append the following to the post referred to (it too can be interpreted both ways):

I forgot to mention that using ziploc bags is crucial. Once the bags are filled you don't want any odors to escape from the bag. Ziploc seals in the scent quite well and nobody will have any idea what has been going on in the car if the bags are filled and sealed well. My 3 year old has become quite adept at this process, of filling and sealing, but that's only because she's had a lot of practice.

Evergreen
Better stop while you're aHEAD! Oh wow - there's a blast from the past!! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
This is a grim discussion! Gosh, Catbert, I hope you are well prepared for the next road trip. I think Evergreen has quite a system!

We had a similar experience when my older son was 5. We took the Volvo down to Disney. He was riding backwards in the jumpseat...actually, he did well 'til South of the Border. We got out for a bite, and he threw up on the restaurant table. We all had a lovely meal of dry toast afterwards... :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
Evergreen said:
I forgot to mention that using ziploc bags is crucial. Once the bags are filled you don't want any odors to escape from the bag. Ziploc seals in the scent quite well and nobody will have any idea what has been going on in the car if the bags are filled and sealed well. My 3 year old has become quite adept at this process, of filling and sealing, but that's only because she's had a lot of practice. Evergreen

Ya know ... that is a very good idea. Keeping Ziplocs in the car like that. I don't think there is a parent alive who hasn't had a kid hurl in the car. When my son was six he threw up all OVER the backseat of my Honda Civic Wagon (cloth seats!). It was so not pretty. We did what we could to clean it up but, we were miles from home and it was in the dead of winter. We drove all the way back home with the windows down. You couldn't keep them open.

Fortunately I had scotchgarded the vehicle (as I always do) so that helped with the clean up but it was an experience that could have been less awful had I had the presence of mind to do the ziploc bag thing.

You have a great idea. I hope more parents are listening. Including the guy parents. (Wouldn't their wives think them the smartest things in the world to be prepared for such an event?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
macbethderham said:
We got out for a bite, and he threw up on the restaurant table. We all had a lovely meal of dry toast afterwards... :rolleyes:
Oh that poor kid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Evergreen said:
Re: #3, I use both dramamine chewables (orange flavor) and we carry plastic (barf) bags for my 3 year old daughter. We also always carry a change of clothes.

Evergreen
First, what a great thread!

Second, to Evergreen,

When do you give your kids the dramamine? If you wait till they say "my tummy hurts" isn't it too late? Do you give it to them before every trip? As the parent of two small ones, I really need to know this info. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
macbethderham said:
...actually, he did well 'til South of the Border. We got out for a bite, and he threw up on the restaurant table. We all had a lovely meal of dry toast afterwards... :rolleyes:
First of all, I am just cracking up at this thread! I had no idea it would turn out this way. Figured it would get a couple of looks and then die quickly. Thanks for keeping it alive. (Should we have admin rename the thread "how to efficiently deal with puke in your Pilot"?)

Now, South of the Border...is that the ultimate tourist trap or what!!! I've never been on Route 66, but I always imagine it must have been something like SOB in it's hayday.

And, this experience of my son up-chucking in the Pilot was actually a first for him. The only other time I remember any :16: in my whole life while in an auto was when we had a cat and a Pinto. The cat lost it in the Pinto, and my mom promptly traded the Pinto that week. What a waste it was - a perfectly good, olive green Pinto with woodgrain side panels. LOVELY!

Glad we didn't incorporate money in this thread too. Can you imagine someone doing a search of nickel - bag - drug?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
Isn't it hysterical?!? Baggies, drugs, etc. I was crackin' up!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
catbert said:
Now, South of the Border...is that the ultimate tourist trap or what!!! I've never been on Route 66, but I always imagine it must have been something like SOB in it's hayday.
I did think briefly that it might have been the bright neon signs and the tacky--well--psychedelic color of everything at SOB...maybe the car ride is not to blame!

On the drug/bag theme, I've added Psychedelic...now I'll add bad trip!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
Why do I feel this urge to break out the lava lamp ...?

:jump3:
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top