Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since the PILOT came out (June 3, 2202) it's been tough to see other PILOTs on the road - they've simply been few and far between.

So, imagine my surprise when this week, it seems like PILOTs are showing up all over the place!!!!!

I live in the Denver, Colorado area, which is the SUV capitol of the world, but of all the SUV's on the road, the PILOT has been a rare sight.

But, for some reason, this week - every time I hit the road, I've been seeing three or four PILOTs during my journey.

I'm guessing that a lot of people who had PILOTs on order are starting to get them!!!!

Is this the case in other parts of the country!!!!!!! I'm interested to find out!

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I'm still not seeing them. There are two in town that I know of, both black, neither bought locally. The local dealer had a Havasu Blue on the lot for several weeks, but I think he finally sold it (though I haven't seen it on the road). Poor guy still has a Passport too, and I bet you could get a pretty good deal on it. :p I just came back from a 1700 mile (round trip) drive and didn't see a single Pilot on the road.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I'm seeing several different Pilots every day now. They are becoming more common, but still are a minority.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am starting to see them more frequently now, also. I guess the exclusiveness is over!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
kompers said:
I am starting to see them more frequently now, also. I guess the exclusiveness is over!!:rolleyes:
.........but Pilots are STILL very cool!:cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Out of the blue...

Most days I commute on a bus to NYC and while our Sandstone Pilot was on order (3 months) I searched the roads for one, since only my husband had seen the color. Never saw one. Took delivery late last month and now I have lost track how many I see.

Funniest thing though happened last week...went into Home Depot (forgot to make mental note of location when I parked). Came out, looked up and saw the Pilot, walked to it, my packages arent in the back and the license plate isnt mine :confused:, duh.

Who would of thunk? Another Pilot! (Talk about being dazed, it was Silver):bonk:

Was it any of you? Home Depot, Cropsey Avenue, 12/7

·
Registered
47 Posts
Seeing more and more each month, but still very few. See a ton of MDX's.

·
Registered
44 Posts
More and more and hopefully mine

Seeing more and more of them in SoCal. Sage around 9am and then a Red Rock at noon.

I am going to switch to Black on my deposit. Received a call today regarding one coming to Hoehn in my area that has no deposit on it. I am coming off a lease of our Accord EXL, but not until end of March. They going to pay off last months payment and "let me have a PILOT" at MSRP.

Told them today that if they eat up more of my lease in some way, I will take the Clack the day it hits the driveway.

I don't expect much, but my guy at the dealership is going to "talk to his manager". :rolleyes:

So hopefully another Black one will be on the road for early '03.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Still VERY FEW in southwest Missouri/northwest Arkansas.

90% of the time I am the only Pilot on the road on my daily commute......even when I'm driving the Grand Prix. :rolleyes:

Is there anyone in this area?

GARY, how did you like your Accord? When (if) I replace the Grand Prix, I will look seriously at the new Accords.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Old Model Accord

The Accord is great... It is the "old" model (a 1999 EX-L Metallic Dark Blue) Getting my three year old (just turned 3 yesterday) in the back seat is a little tuff (low roof line) now that he is bigger.

Before it I had the even older model (1995 EX-L Hunter Green or Deep Forrest Green? ). Can't say many bad things about Honda...

I am not sure I like the new Accord style... :8:

It is still working on me. I have not seen many of those on the road, only at the dealership.

Take care, Gary

·
Registered
138 Posts
Pilots are still in the minority here in the Washington, DC area too. However, the 03 Accord's are a dime a dozen.

·
Registered
33 Posts
WOW

:eek: Talk about a bunch of Pilots! This past weekend I saw 6...Thats right 6 in the Park Meadows area of Denver. 5 were seen within 2 hours. I declare Park Meadows - Pilot Capital of Colorado!:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wife and I saw four PILOTS in Rockville, MD ( along Rockville Pike and Congressional Plaza ) last Friday morning. I also saw several in downtown D.C. this week. Nice looking Pilots!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I saw 2 pilots on the way while driving to Florida (from NJ) ... and lots of Pilots in Florida, especially in the Miami area (including my friend's, the pic which I had posted ! :D )

Down here (in Piscataway, NJ), I regularly see a (Havasu Blue ?) pilot on Rt-27 while driving to Metropark station (My Hi to you if you are on this group) .. otherwise not much .... Guess, NJ roads are too small for a wide Pilot ? :p

·
Registered
144 Posts
Guess, NJ roads are too small for a wide Pilot ?
It's not the size of the NJ roads that bothers me, its the illogical highway exit patterns (i.e., no cloverleafs), inability to make left turns, u-turns, too much traffic, etc.

Evergreen

·
Registered
138 Posts
Evergreen said:

It's not the size of the NJ roads that bothers me, its the illogical highway exit patterns (i.e., no cloverleafs), inability to make left turns, u-turns, too much traffic, etc.

Evergreen
HeHe .... Welcome to NewJersey ...

In NJ, many people treat road signs as "mere suggestions" !!! :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
In NJ, many people treat road signs as "mere suggestions" !!!
In all sincerity, who set up the roads in New Jersey? It seems like the only way to navigate roads like Route 4, Route 17, or the Garden State Parkway is to know how to get off and take local roads in order to get where you want to go. Us foreigners are at a distinct disadvantage. I guess the Nav would be helpful.

Evergreen

·
Registered
56 Posts
It definitely takes a while to get used to the roads in NJ.... although I do like the fact (now) that there are no left turns - it keeps traffic moving along. (unlike NY where someone making a left turn can back traffic up for blocks on a one lane street). The right on red is handy, too.... except when I'm in NY I have the urge to do it, and can't stand waiting for the green to make a right....

Otherwise - I've seen quite a few Pilots by my neck of the woods lately.... One RRP, a few silver, and a Havasu Blue. Also, I work in NYC and someone has an NBP they park around my building everyday.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nebraska Pilots

They are finally starting to pop up in NE too. Since we ordered the Pilot in Sept. I have seen exactly 0. Even in Lincoln and Omaha. But a trip to Lincoln last week and Omaha this week yielded a few markers on the Pilot Bingo card. I have seen 2 red, 2 sage, 1 hav, and 1 evergreen. If I can get a white one, I'll have Bingo. (this includes the free spot)

But I can rest assured that I will be, perhaps, the only Pilot in Butler County for quite awile. There are more Explorers around here that I can shake a poorly made American stick at.

And I quote the attendant at a local gas station, "is that a 2004 Explorer or what?". To which I said, "No, it will be around 2008 when Ford catches up with the Pilot" :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts