Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen the new Automobile mag?? They had an article about suv's and left out the Pilot!!! :3: They had Nissan, Toyota and a few others. What were they thinking!!!!

:cursin:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Art said:
Anyone seen the new Automobile mag?? They had an article about suv's and left out the Pilot!!! :3: They had Nissan, Toyota and a few others. What were they thinking!!!!

:cursin:
What magazine? Automobil? Who?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
It took 'em two years but.....Automobile magazine has voted Pilot as one of Six best sport ute's 2005

From above article:
Honda Pilot

Looking for a family SUV? Honda makes it easy. The Pilot offers seating for seven, side-curtain air bags, and on-demand four-wheel drive-all standard. Lightweight (relatively) unibody construction enables the 255-hp V-6 to deliver both peppy acceleration and reasonable fuel economy. The Pilot's robust build quality keeps hassles to a minimum, and its glacial depreciation even makes saying good-bye less painful. If only all the members of your family were so easy to live with.

Price: $28,065-$34,835
Engine: 3.5L V-6, 255 hp
Passengers: 8

Another favourable review by the same mag.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Pilot seats eight, not seven and does not have side-curtain airbags. Without questioning that the Pilot is a great SUV, the review must be referring to the MDX which seats seven and does have the curtain airbags.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yep sits 8 and side curtain is for 2006 model. wow you really think that they would notice such a slip up:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Consider the source.... I didn't even realize that Automobile was still in print!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
cwa107 said:
Consider the source.... I didn't even realize that Automobile was still in print!
Me too, guess we're not missing much.

:D

·
Registered
633 Posts
cwa107 said:
I had a free subscription to Automobile magazine for a year and I gotta say it's not nearly the best car mag out there.

·
Registered
819 Posts
A buddy of mine used to get Automobile.......he considered it good coffee table fare 'cause it had nice photos. That was about it, though.

·
Registered
483 Posts
waynerd said:
A buddy of mine used to get Automobile.......he considered it good coffee table fare 'cause it had nice photos. That was about it, though.
I used to get Automobile. It is somewhere between Car and Driver and Road and Track in terms of the cars they test. But I find the other two of a much higher quality.
The part of Automobile I miss most is Robert Cumberford's "By Design" section. I am into that kind of thing.

Thanks
EDR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts