Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 2900 miles on my less-than-two-month-old Pilot.

Problems thus far:

1) Splotchy Silver paint on driver door and hood.
2) Clicking from front left shock tower area.
3) Center console does not latch anymore.
4) Driver seat plastic cover (bottom, facing the door) broken (flops aroung because the plastic that hold the srw on broke off.
5) Have averaged less than 16 mpg with 2/3 hwy miles.
6) When Honda called for the phone survey I mentioned told them about the paint and they said they would have someone from "Honda Honda" call me. I never heard from them.

I am not mentioning little annoyances, which I did expect.

I do still like the Pilot and none of these are life/death problems, but I am not as thrilled with the quality as I'd hoped to be.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Hey 300MileTrip, sorry you too, have to suffer these little annoyances that can ruin a new car ownership experience. I too, expected a little more from a Honda, but perhaps either my expectations were too high or Honda's quality control wasn't up to par with some of the Pilots.

About 5) though, it wasn't until a little over 15,000KM (10,000miles) before my Pilot started to return the advertised/claimed MPG for me. I still can't believe it took that long, but at least the numbers came down to a reasonable and advertised level. So, give it sometime and see what kind of results you get by the 3rd oil change.

These problems some of us are experiencing are also incessant and constant problems, especially concering noise. These type of noise and problems can really get to you after a while.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My car is SS and the hood came with some shades on the paint. It looks like it was missing paint. Honda payed for a new paint job. The end job came out better than the factory paint. I'm very happy with the outcome. You just have to find an excellent body-shop. See their job first. Usually shops that works in foreign cars are good.

·
Registered
120 Posts
re: goodbye

CP, really sorry to hear about your situation, and to hear the Pilot is leaving a good home. We did make it out west this summer but not to AZ. Best wishes for the future. We will all miss your wit and your company. Come back and visit from time to time.

C. T.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: re: goodbye

tibbitts said:
CP, really sorry to hear about your situation, and to hear the Pilot is leaving a good home. We did make it out west this summer but not to AZ. Best wishes for the future. We will all miss your wit and your company. Come back and visit from time to time.

C. T.
tibbitts: I think your post was meant for copperpoppy over in this thread, right? :confused:

·
Registered
283 Posts
The center console not latching can be fixed very easy. Open it up all the way. You can see 2 screws that hold the top on. Most likely one of those screws has come lose. Tighten them back down. This happened to my Pilot a couple months ago.

Hope it helps

·
Registered
143 Posts
300MileTrip said:
Did they repaint the hood only, or the entire vehicle?

No. Just the hood. It came out excellent!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts