Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, after driving my pilot for a month now, I've decided there are some features missing that I wish Honda would have included.

Just in case Honda is monitoring this board, I thought I'd start a Wish List for future Models of the Pilot.

Feel free to list the items you feel should have been included. This could be a good time to also mention features you can live without.

I'll start! :D

I wish Honda would have included a Moonroof as standard equipment on EX and higher models. This would save me the trip to the local Webesto shop to add it later! Sunroofs are standard on most other EX level Hondas, it's a shame we got left out.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Memory for the driver's seat and power seat for the front passenger seat.

A better lumbar support....the lumbar support in my 94 Honda Accord was better than the Pilot's.

·
Registered
176 Posts
a2Pilot said:
...I wish Honda would have included a <u>MOON</u>roof as standard equipment on EX and higher models. ...it's a shame we got left out.
...and should be rectified when Acura has sold enough'03 MDXs to be sure that the Pilot is not siphoning off any "high end" sales!

I wonder if/when Honda will add "curtain airbags" to both MDX & Pilot???

Is Honda/Acura going to add "Vehicle Stability Assist ( its name for electronical vehicle handling controls)???

Is Honda/Acura going to add "brake assist" to apply maximum brake pressure in panic stops?? WHEN are they going to leave the brake performance cellar? (lost of room for test track improvement here, real world seems fine...)

·
Registered
17 Posts
The feature I LOVED on my three previous Fords/Lincolns was the keypad entry on the door.
Why don't other automakers see the advantages here?!?!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree with Redrockpearl,

My last SUV, a '95 Ford Explorer, gave me lots of headaches--but I really enjoyed having the keypad on the door and double visors.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Wish List

Along with the MoonRoof I'd like to see some of the Canadian features brought to the US like the Daytime Running Lamps, Low Windshield Wiper Fluid Light, and Heated Mirrors. A storage tray that would slide out from under the passenger seat. There is room for one. The tracks could be cut into the seat stand and the tray would just need to be plastic.

I'd also like to see the Navi and/ or DVD available on Cloth EX models. Some of us have kids that are not kind to leather so that immediately locks us out of these features. And since I think there may be room to do it...make the rear floor storage deeper to shove more stuff in there.

A medium to dark blue color would be nice as well. (With the Gold Rim insert like the SageBrush!)

And as always, better gas mileage witout losing (and maybe gaining) HP/ performance. You have to be greedy on a wish list!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Heated Seats
Heated Mirrors
Full Size Spare
Mute Button on the Steering Wheel
Dynamic Stability Traction Control

Standard Cross Bars
Standard Mud Flaps
Standard Fog Lights

And Michelin Tires rated to 130MPH with the engined governed accordingly! :3:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I forgot about that full sized spare. The fog lights integrated rather than sticking out from the front bumper would be nice. It would probably be better for gas mileage as well.

·
Registered
232 Posts
#1 A memory drivers seat that is synched with each keyfob like the MDX has. :4: I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5'8" and we swap driving the Pilot every day. EVERY TIME we switch driving it we have to take a few minutes to get the seat in the right position again! :3: :3:

#2 Floor mats that cover more of the floor......especially on the drivers side around the dead pedal.

#3 Side curtain airbags.

#4 A moonroof as at least an option.

#5 Other than that the Pilot is PERFECT. :4: :5: :17:

·
Registered
5 Posts
renov8r, I'm pretty sure our EX-L has brake assist.

I agree on roof and seat memory. Temperature's nice, but I'd like a trip computer, at least as an option. The seat bottoms also seem a bit too firm. We did a round trip Houston-L.A. in it and after a few hours I was thinking about putting a pillow under me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My wish list would include:

1. Power side mirrors. The Pilot is rather wide and it requires me to put down my window to pull in the mirrors when I park it in the garage.

2. Moon roof option.

3. Memory seats.

4. Better quality covering for the arm rests in the doors. The black honeycomb rubber covering seems cheap. (I know I am nitpicking but it is my wish list.)

5. NAV option for us with non-leather friendly families.

6. To be able to see the temperature and the trip odometer at the same time. Although I like the "A" and "B" set up of the odometer.

7. Headrests that are actually useful. I don't know how anyone can drive actually USING them.

8. Better color choices. I was tempted to wait for Sagebrush but couldn't and "settled" for a SS.

9. Child activity tray in middle seat of second row as an option on the EX rather than required. We will probably never use it and the middle seat is very uncomfortable.

10. Better quality tires and 6 disc in dash changer. I'm new to the 30K vehicle price range, but it seems you should be able to get a few extra "prmium features" for this kind of cash.

Other than these minor items/annoyances I love my PILOT and I am happy I waited for it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
extras

Memory Seat
Heated Seats
Mute button - anywhere!
Michelin tires

Side note: My dealer said he would install nav system or RES on LX model. . . suppose others would as well. Still went with the EX, wanted those two extra cup holders!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yellow turn signals for rear.
Fog Lights standard.
Plastic that is harder to scratch, like in the Accord.
Power rear Quarter windows.
A/C vents in the roof like on Odyssey.
Even more sound damping, ie; under the hood.
Indash CD changer.
Flip up hatch window like on Explorer.

·
Registered
176 Posts
wmaxw said:
renov8r, I'm pretty sure our EX-L has brake assist.

I don't think so...

It does have:

<pre> Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD),
which automatically reroutes braking force
to the front wheels if ever necessary. </pre>

Which is not the same. What I'm talking about is a sensor that detects when you hit the brakes quicker than normal, and it automagically applies MAXIMUM braking force INSTANTLY to ensure that the stop is as short as possible. EBD is kind of variable brake proportioning...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wish the rear license plate is secured by four screws instead of two. Everytime I close the hatch, the license plate and its frame hits the hatch surface! I also wish that the interior has soft padded panels and surfaces instead of hard plastic.

·
Registered
395 Posts
HKuo said:
I wish the rear license plate is secured by four screws instead of two. Everytime I close the hatch, the license plate and its frame hits the hatch surface! I also wish that the interior has soft padded panels and surfaces instead of hard plastic.
I went to the local hardware store and bought some small rubber pads with adhesive backs and stuck them on the back of the license plate. I also removed the plate "frame" (I do not want to advertise for my dealer).
That took care of the plate hitting the car.

·
Registered
119 Posts
how bout 17" rims? The new Ford Explorer comes with optional 17" rims..............they look great!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts