Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got a call back from the top service tech at Gwinnet Place Honda. A nice guy, he seems to care about my plight and contacted Honda to get an explaination. He called tonight to tell me that Honda has said that the "scrunch" is a normal characteristic of the Pilot. So you guys without the scrunch, I guess you didn't get what you paid for.

So, I'm beyond mad right now and am wondering if the Lemon Law is my only options.....because I will not live with this crappy ass sound for the rest of the life of the Pilot.

:(
Dallas

·
Registered
991 Posts
B.S. Don't take that from your dealer, go somewhere else to fix it.. Is this the front suspension that is making this noise? Or is it in the doors? I know that some people have had the door scrunch fixed.

My Pilot has no scrunches, I am lucky so far..

phone the 1-800 number untill they fix it..

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Have you tried any of the remedies suggested and used by some of the members in here? If you have and you're still experiencing the noise, then I perhaps you should take it to another dealer and see what they say.

Just in case you didn't try some of the possible solutions posted in here, I simply tightended the rubber door stoppers as was suggested by a member and the sound went away for me. I think it was the slightly lose rubbers that was making the squeaks/scrunch as it rubbed against the frame.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Normal

Perhaps that occasional "scrunch" when the vehicle is twisting and turning could be considered normal, but surely not that incessant, mind-numbing, constant "scrunch" during straight and level driving.

Fortunately, my Dealer's shinetsu treatment of the driver's door seal has kept the "scrunch" in remission the past six months.

[As an aside, I'd still prefer to classify the "scrunch" as a problem versus an accessory for thread location purposes. The "scrunch" is definitely one accessory I do not want (to return)!!!]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Surround-Sound SCRUNCH

Since I drive most of the time, I thought the scrunch was in the driver's door. On a recent trip, my wife drove, and I got to sit in two other seats. The scrunch was coming from 3 of the doors, and is so loud that it hurts. My 7500 mile service is coming up, and I look forward to having all the seals replaced.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Latecomer--pls. describe SCRUNCH sound

As a Pilot owner since late December and almost 1400 miles, I'm still trying to figure what the dreaded SCRUNCH sounds like. Maybe the fact I'm having to ask means I'm one of the SCRUNCH-less (seeming) minority?

The only thing I've noticed with the driver's door is a tendency to "squeek" (that's the best I can do to describe the noise) that comes and goes, but perhaps is a little more noticeable on bumpy roads. The sound is similar to the kind of "squeeks" that seem to be a normal part of aging in previous cars I've owned....often coming from the dash area. CERTAINLY this very minor complaint can't be what's driving everyone crazy. Would someone be good enough to help me out here and describe this SCRUNCH sound....so I can better understand what's going on. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You could call it a squeak. Close the driver's door from the outside. With the palm of your hand, push on the top of the door above the window. You should hear the scrunch.

·
Registered
240 Posts
baoloclamdong said:
If a Pilot with " SCRUNCH"is normal,then those without"scrunches"are abnormal.
:D :p Good point. Our Pilot has a whole lotta noises here lately.:rolleyes: :( The window scrunch, wind noise from the passenger side (around the window), the fuel tank noise and now the popping and clicking from the rear of the Pilot.

I ignore all of them, to a point. I recently drove the Pilot to Baltimore to deliver some rims and I was not too impressed with some of the noises. Of course, they became much more apparent to me as I had a friend along for the drive and the radio was off while we talked. I'd like to have the dealer take a look but I doubt we'll have resolution.

At any rate, hope your issue is resolved.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ziplock, I hope the noise you hear doesn't develop into the dreaded "SCRUNCH". At times since I keep lubung it up (a very temporary solution) it's silent but can crop up from any and all doors at any given time. When it's at it's worst I totally agree with Sillec's description; incessant, mind-numbing, constant "scrunch". I'm not sure why the Pilot has so many rattles and noises (more than I can tolerate). I expected better from Honda. I really enjoy driving my Pilot but it's becoming a rattle trap (especially in the cold) and it's still new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts