Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO ...

... tonight I was wandering around eBay and typed in Honda Pilot in the search. Suddenly all this stuff pops up with photos of a Honda Pilot ATV.

So I went to Google and typed in Honda Pilot and the same thing happened.

Uh ... like ... I don't get it. Why did Honda name two different products with the same name?

Sorta feels like the old "Bob Newhard Show" ... this is my brother Daryll and my other brother Daryll.

Try this you guys - its freaky.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Same with the Odyssey. Maybe they're trying to capture their motocross and ATV following. Just as long as they don't start using their riding lawnmowers as the latest Acura's...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Actually I believe the PILOT ATV is now a discontinued model ...

PrG:4:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see.

Odd that with all the gazzillions of words throughout the world they had to reincarnate the same name as a discontinued ATV.

Perhaps they named it Pilot to compete with the Navigator.

Weird though...

·
Registered
804 Posts
copperpoppy said:
I see.

Perhaps they named it Pilot to compete with the Navigator.

HA! I never thought of that. I do feel sorry for all the Explorer/Expedition/Navigator/Envoy/Montero/Etc. owners out there...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ferdball said:
copperpoppy said:
I do feel sorry for all the Explorer/Expedition/Navigator/Envoy/Montero/Etc. owners out there...
Yeppers. Guess that goes to show that money can't buy class or quality.

(she says pointing her nose skyward as the Mercedes SUV drives by...)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yes, yes, yes to the post on the navigator, etc. The biggest thing I look at when purchasing a car now is #1 safety, and #2 Consumer Reports. I am expecting this vehicle to mimic the MDX on both. Most all of the other SUVs have terrible roll ratings on safety, and CS hates them too.
By the way, when I first started trying to get info on the Pilot a few weeks ago, I also ended up on several ATV sites!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
catbert said:
Yes, yes, yes to the post on the navigator, etc. The biggest thing I look at when purchasing a car now is #1 safety, and #2 Consumer Reports. I am expecting this vehicle to mimic the MDX on both. Most all of the other SUVs have terrible roll ratings on safety, and CS hates them too.
I would agree. Safety is a big factor. As is reliability. I like Honda because they are just nice and reliable. I know that if I am out on the road in the evening, that my car will not die on me. Hondas are just GREAT vehicles.

By the way, when I first started trying to get info on the Pilot a few weeks ago, I also ended up on several ATV sites!
It is weird, isn't it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts