Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually performed their own tests for this? For us Canucks, 0-100KM/H for the Pilot's supposed to be 9.4 seconds and I believe for the 0-60MPH test, the Pilot's rated at 9.3 or about the same? Or at least that's what I just read anyway in one of the local papers. Gave rave reviews for the Pilot though.

I think the time is very slow and subpar, btw. The MDX, even though I've read many times that it has the same engine as the Pilot, is more than a half a second faster than it. How can that be? Is that just a result of some computer chip tuning?

I was hoping the Pilot's test time would be less than 9 seconds, but now, I'm _slightly_ disappointed. Not that it would've made any difference to my Pilot ownership decisions, but still, it would've been nice to able to say, "It does 0-60 in under 9" ;)

And I know what some of you'll say, that I didn't buy the Pilot to drag anybody and that Pilot's not supposed to be sports car you zip around the town. But still, "under 9" has such a better ring than "9.4".

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yep!

Coriolis effect

·
Registered
71 Posts
0-60/0-100km

The 0-100km time should be longer than 0-60mph, since it is equivalent to about 62 mph. Makes sense to me.

Eddie Joe:2:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: 0-60/0-100km

Eddie Joe said:
The 0-100km time should be longer than 0-60mph, since it is equivalent to about 62 mph. Makes sense to me.
Eddie Joe:2:
But there's more than a whole second difference between the two test results. Taking more than a second to go from 60mph to 62mph doesn't seem quite right.

But as someone already pointed out, C&R tests are conducted by applying the brakes and do not let go before it reaches full throttle.

·
Registered
411 Posts
MotorWeek

MotorWeek tested the Pilot 0-60 mph at 7.8 seconds. Of course, that's the best time they recorded (which is what they always report.)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Car acceleration slow DRAMATICALLY after 60, look at any result of 0-80mph or 0-100 and the differences are amazing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What difference does it make weather it's 9.4, 8.1, 7.4 (which by the way was the 0-60 for my 2001 Accord v6).

You didn't buy this SUV for off the line, slam you back in your seat performance. That 240 HP power plant is geared for torque. It's got plenty enough power for what it's meant for.

The Pilot is a great SUV that can handle the family, utility, while giving spirited acceleration. I love this SUV!!! :2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
0 to 60 ?

I'm more impressed by the effortless passing capability of the Pilot, that includes 45mph and 70mph starting points.
Consumer Reports has the 0 to 60 at 9.4sec

0-60 mph, sec. 9.4
Quarter mile, sec. 17.3
Quarter mile, mph 82
45-65 mph, sec. 5.7

For comparison the 2002/3 MDX was
0-60 mph, sec. 8.1
Quarter mile, sec. 16.4
Quarter mile, mph 85
45-65 mph, sec. 5.1

I think it is the gear ratios and added wgt; of course the Pilot got slightly better mileage.

·
Registered
266 Posts
You have to remember that 0-60 and 1/4 mile times vary based on a number of factors. Air temperature, humidity, and altitude will all cause different times for the same vehicle. If you also look at manufacturing tolerances (one engine just feels stronger than another), if the engine has been broken in or is still tight, and how much the tester is willing to abuse the vehicle you can get a range of numbers between different examples of the same model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts