Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is very possible this list is somewhere else, but I figured it can't hurt to throw another out there.

We recently received our 2004 Honda Pilot book with all the details.
-The 2004 will have heated mirrors and seats.
-The second row will be adjustable up to 100mm.
-Havasu Blue is gone replaced with the darker blue found on Odyssey. Redrock will have saddle interior and Black gets the choice of either grey or saddle interior.

That's the list folks. I still haven't seen any pricing yet, so I can't help you there.

Happy shopping and notify me if your in the area and interested.

·
Registered
51 Posts
YES

>-The second row will be adjustable up to 100mm.
This item along made my wait (and extra bucks) worth everything!!! I hope these are the real official changes (can you confirm the source?). I placed my order a while ago and am eagerly waiting for its arrival. Thank you very much.

>The 2004 will have heated mirrors and seats.
I assume this is on the Leather model only.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Part number for new rails...

Hey everyone,

I wonder if they just replaced the current rails with new adjustable ones for the second seat???

If so we can order the rails, install them, and have adjustable seats????

Any ideas??

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Costco pricing

Just today I noticed that the Costco Auto Program lets you choose 2004 Honda. Put in my request for 2004 Pilot EX pricing a few minutes ago, and will post as soon as I get details.

- Phil

·
Registered
9 Posts
hubby45251 can we get a scan of this book or at least the pages where the changes are

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'd buy it.....

If I could get the adjustable seat rails and the heated mirrors - I'D BUY 'EM.

Last winter here in Colorado, I can't tell you how many times I would have loved to have heated mirrors take the snow and frozen gunk from my sideview mirrrors.

Maybe Tim at HondaAcuraworld can help us out on this!!!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Sounds like there won't be much equipment and machinery re-tooling needed at the Alliston, Ontario assembly plant since the Canadian models already get the heated front seats and the heated outside mirrors... :) (And if that's the case, our neighbors to the North won't see much change at all for 2004!!)

They just have to wash out the tub or vat that contained the Havasu Blue Metallic paint really well before pouring in the new Midnight Blue Pearl paint... :p :20: :22:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
hubby45251 said:
-The second row will be adjustable up to 100mm.
Well, it's nice to see the Pilot is slowly catching up with the CR-V. Wonder when they'll add the moonroof and standard in-dash 6-disc CD changer? Bwah ha ha ha ha ha!!! :2:

Oh, who am I kidding. I still want it. :bonk:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Second row adjustable seat... That would be great! :4:

Now we don't have to hear that familiar phrase, "the third row is designed for small children, but an adult can fit back there for short trips." Well, that's my version anyway. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
No confirmation here

I excitedly called our Honda dealer in El Paso to check on this 100mm adjustment. He has not received any data yet and doesn't expect delivery until late Oct. UUGH! ':3:'

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The "book" I am referring to is the Honda Sales guide (or whatever it's called) for the Pilot. I looked at the Accord, Pilot, and Odyssey in my General Managers office yesterday. It's as official as it gets.

I don't have scanning abilities here at the dealer or at home, so I apologise that I can't post the exact page. You will have to stretch here a moment and ....................oh my gosh...................trust a car salesman!!!!!!! :5:

Good luck to all.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks, hubby45251. That's official enough for me I guess, at least let me be excited for a weekend :D

Just want to make sure, that feature (adjustable 2nd row seat) is on all trims, right? My order is for a EX cloth, but I will change it if it's on Leather only (although doesn't make too much sense).

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
hubby45251 said:

[ S N I P P E D ]

You will have to stretch here a moment and ....................oh my gosh...................trust a car salesman!!!!!!! :5:

Good luck to all.
hubby45251 needs an avatar... How about this one: :p ;) :D :22: :jester:

P.S. Thanks for the updated info, hubby45251!!! :7:

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Kemo,
Show me how to put that as my avatar, and I am in. Hell, let's get a tattoo at the same time. Seriously though, tell me how.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: Costco pricing

Phil M said:
Just today I noticed that the Costco Auto Program lets you choose 2004 Honda. Put in my request for 2004 Pilot EX pricing a few minutes ago, and will post as soon as I get details.
And here it is: "We don't have 2004 pricing for anything except the Accord. I'm not even sure if we'll be offering Costco pricing for the Pilot. Do you want me to contact you when we have information on the 2004 Pilot?"

*sigh* Waiting for a call back from an Autoland guy who said he can get me an '04 EX for about $1k under MSRP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2003 Pilot today and while I was in the dealer's office waiting around, I too saw that same book. I wanted to mention that the heated seats are in the EXL (leather) only models. I also saw something mentioned about a different horn??? Not sure what that's about. Something also about a better navigation system for rural areas. Yes, the second seat adjustment was listed and also something about better access for the third bench. Sorry, I can remember how exactly it was listed. I felt so sneaky looking at the book, as if it were top secret info. so I can't remember the wording exactly. Oh, also, I looked in the back and the hp did NOT change for 2004. It's still 240 not 250 as someone earlier speculated. I probably have lots of questions but for now I just want to learn and enjoy the car. We haven't bought a new car in 18 yrs so this is a big treat for us!

schultz

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
hubby45251 said:
...Show me how to put that as my avatar, and I am in...
Cool. Since you've been so informative, here's the info you requested.
  1. You'll need to right click on the picture you want to use and the select "Save Picture as..."
  2. Put the picture on your desktop or somewhere easy to find.
  3. On the honda-pilot site, click on the "control panel" near the top of the screen
  4. Then select "Edit Options"
  5. Scroll to the bottom, and click "Change Avatar"
  6. Follow the instructions to upload the picture
  7. Make sure you click "Submit Modifications" when you are done
    [/list=1]
    Good luck.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
hubby45251 said:
Hey Kemo,
Show me how to put that as my avatar, and I am in. Hell, let's get a tattoo at the same time. Seriously though, tell me how.
hubby45251: Just follow the instructions given by tim.s in the post above and you will be fine!!! Good luck, and if you have any difficulties, feel free to ask again... :4: :17:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Although I wish there were more changes, I am happy to hear about the adjustable 2nd row. I hope this means for all models and not just the EX-L. Anyhow, thanks to both of you for sharing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Shame on Honda about the 250 HP -- they sold that version of the Pilot engine to freakin Saturn for use in their new VUE yet they don't even include the upgrade for their own product. That's very dissappointing.

Not that I would want a Saturn though!

Thanks for everybody for the '04 changes....now we just need the pricing report.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts