Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought 2019 pilot exl. When I am on the way to home, I found the horn does not work. Also if I press the panic button, lights are flashing but no sound. Might be a setting thing? Anyone have same problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
732 Posts
Not a setting problem, but something with the horn. Could be a loose wire, bad relay, disconnected wire, etc. Did you happen to have the steering wheel switched out for a heated wheel?

If not, the dealer will have to look at what is going on and fix it under warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not do anything. I just bought it this afternoon. Can I request to switch a different car? The new car should not have this problem.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,957 Posts
Sure, you can suggest a different vehicle. The dealer will likely suggest you giving them an opportunity to resolve the problem. I’d go for the latter unless you find a bunch of other issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for suggestions. I would rather switch to another car. I do not want other problems later. So another car is better.

I just drove the car to home last night, and tomorrow I need to bring the car to dealer. One way is 15 miles, so it will add 30 miles to the car. Is dealer willing to switch the car?

I heard that consumer can reject the new car within 30 days for faulty car. Anybody has similar experience?

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EX AWD
172 Posts
I doubt they will switch it out for you. All the paper work is done for that VIN. I’m sure it’s a simple fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Thanks everyone for suggestions. I would rather switch to another car. I do not want other problems later. So another car is better.

I just drove the car to home last night, and tomorrow I need to bring the car to dealer. One way is 15 miles, so it will add 30 miles to the car. Is dealer willing to switch the car?

I heard that consumer can reject the new car within 30 days for faulty car. Anybody has similar experience?
Not a chance they're switching cars. But they will fix your horn at no cost to you. The connector is probably loose under the front bumper. You can probably fix it yourself if you can reach in there but I'd take it back to have them fix it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Unfortunately, things happen. That is why there is a new car warranty in place to help you if something does go wrong. These vehicles are still being built by people, as are many of the components. You just happened to get one with something not correct. They will fix it free of charge.

As for switching vehicles, especially because the horn isn't working right now, that isn't going to happen. I also don't believe anywhere in the United States there is a 30 day return policy nor even a 3 day return as some people think. Of course it depends on the car and the state, if new or used, etc. Not common at all!

Good luck with your upcoming ownership, and I hope this is the only bump in the road for you. The extra 30 miles is nothing in the realm of things but you could ask for a free car wash or a free future oil change for your inconvenience.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Every state has its own lemon laws. I doubt this would qualify for a dealer buyback under any of them.

This sounds like something goofy happened at the factory and is probably an easy fix. I'd just take it in and let them take care of it. It's annoying, but not the end of the world.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went to dealership today, and was told that fuse was not pushed through in pre delivery inspection. I thought that fuse was installed by the manufacturer before shipping to dealer. But it looks like that the fuse is installed by dealer. Is this true?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,957 Posts
Was the issue with the horn resolved?
Does the fuse fit tightly in its socket?
Hopefully it’s all fixed and you can start enjoying your new Pilot.

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EX AWD
172 Posts
Went to dealership today, and was told that fuse was not pushed through in pre delivery inspection. I thought that fuse was installed by the manufacturer before shipping to dealer. But it looks like that the fuse is installed by dealer. Is this true?
I can't tell you if it's true or not, but if the horn is working now then it surely doesn't matter. Enjoy your new Pilot!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts