Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only 13 days left. What is the value of dealer and brand loyality? Future business? Do they really care? My expectation is that they do. Will let you know. Stay tuned. BP:20:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Bill Price said:
Only 13 days left. What is the value of dealer and brand loyality? Future business? Do they really care? My expectation is that they do. Will let you know. Stay tuned. BP:20:
What seems to be the problem?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Wow. You will keep us all posted, won't you?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Good Luck

Bill I hope is all goes well for you. Please let me know what happens with the 'downshift virus'. I've got it on the same type of soft slopes. I would love for them to fix it, otherwise you have to keep easing off the accelerator to kept it from jumping.

I met with my rep on Thursday and explained not only the door jamb paint issue, which is why they were there, but also some of the other issues seen on this board. The rep took a number of pictures and will be getting back to me. In speaking with both the rep and the local service manager it sounds like they may be able to do a repaint of just the jambs. I expresed my concern on any repaint but basically they would paint just the jambs and back of the doors. They would then sand the edge of the new paint to blend it in with the original. It wasn't a huge paint job and it seemed to make sense. I'll post more in the Paint Question thread. For anyone wondering I made it a big point to pass along the wind deflector whistling to the rep. I noted I did not personally have the issue but knew it to be a BIG issue on this board.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Pats on the back to all of you ...

Nothing like bettering the cause for all current and future PILOT owners to come ...

PrG

:7:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to be away so long - missed yall

One week to go concerning the Honda field engineer looking at my vehicle. I will keep all informed. I have outlined some of my issues in another thread, but have three main ones that are present in every drive and keep me from being in love with the vehicle. They are 1) Roaring noise from the left front wheel area 2) Door movement noise 3) rear suspension noise. The downshift virus and other problems are tolerable, but not the first three. Those of you that can live with these noises, be thankful. Also please pray for those like me that find it unacceptable in a Honda engineered vehicle. I have been faithful to Honda and my dealer in past business and have had no serious issues with previous vehicles. I will let the world know just how supportive these organizations are to their customers. Thanks - BP

·
Registered
289 Posts
Bill---

would it be acceptable to you to post some reference to your geographical area. I looked at your profile; but see you have nothing listed. I don't mean anything really private; but just a state perhaps so we could all see what Honda Region you are located in. In the past there have been some differences between how customers were treated based upon what Honda Region covered their dealer. Please don't if you don't feel comfortable with it;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
copilot

Thanks for your interest in my situation. Few can say that they have been more supportive of a company and dealership than have I. This is verified in purchases and other types of support. With time, I have become irritated and pessimistic regarding my situation. I become irritated each time I drive during my three week wait for the engineer to arrive. The dealer feels nothing so the wait is no probem. I have requested that I be able to speak with the field engineer during his / her visit and told this is not possible. A request to have my district Honda representative contact me has gone unanswered. So far, this has been a most disappointing experience. I live in central Mississippi and work in New Orleans. I have a passion for vehicles of all types, been blessed to be able to own many, and never been in this situation. The dealership is in Jackson MS. I have not rated the dealer pending the outcome of August 27. I will update profile infomation ASAP. I do realize that there are many happy Pilot owners and I am sincerely happy for them. I hope that my situation is unique and will be resolved. Thanks, BP
Silver EX NAV #3478

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re: copilot

Well Bill, I can certainly say that for someone who is upset about this, you are definitely handling it in a controlled fashion. Your words are unemotional, factual and measured. Good for you.

I truly hope this gets resolved soon. Is there anything we as a group can do to help?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
copperpoppy - Thanks

Thanks for the kind words. I have worked hard at being professional in this situation and am not sure that I have succeeded. I am generally too nice for too long, then the line is crossed and I go overboard the other way. I am on the line. The most difficult thing to understand is the seeming lack of interest in my feelings by my dealer. I would have included Honda, but since I did receive a call today from the district representative (after writing and faxing an emotional letter yesterday to the dealer and to Honda cust. ser.), I will wait to pass judgement. In a new thread posted today, I passed on the fact that my dist. rep. was not aware of the door gasket noise and offered the opportunity for all to send a message. As to how to help? I am not sure. I will be seeking all possible information on how far I can go in making my story available to those interested. I wish I new more about my rights and the corresponding legal issues. If I had been a problem customer in previous purchases (all five), I could better understand. I feel foolish more that anything else. I understand that in some dealers, there is a policy of not losing on any vehicle. How shortsighted this is when you consider the value of past and future business. I am learning. BP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts