Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you do-it-you-selfers ... Installation guide received from Crutchfield that came along with my new head unit ...

May it giude you well ...

PrG

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Overall a great experience ordering through Crutchfield. They truly take extra measures to make sure they maintain your business. The amount of extras that they give you is truly amazing ... factory brackets and wiring harnesses free with every head unit install ... I even got a free Sirius Satellite Tuner with the order along with $40.00 and free shipping. They are pricey, but when they have the infrequent price breaks such as in this case jump on it, it's was well worth it. Remember to use the referral codes I put at the front whic you can use and stack for added discounts ... of course I will get discounts as well.

Good Luck !

PrG

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They do ... when you order they will ask you which configuration your PILOT is. They sent me this master sheet because it's the one I requested that matches my PILOT.

PrG

·
Registered
37 Posts
I never promote any company at all. But I have to admit the best buying experience I have ever had is when I bought from Crutchfield. They go the extra mile and then some, they even sent me a complementary subscription to Sound and Vision magazine for a full year for being a good customer. When I bought my car speakers for me Honda Civic I called the tech. for help installing it and he spent a whole hour with me until I got it done. Now that's service.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can you just request the instructions?

PrG said:
They do ... when you order they will ask you which configuration your PILOT is. They sent me this master sheet because it's the one I requested that matches my PILOT.

PrG

.....or do you have to order something.

Thanks,

ChrisR
:1:

·
Registered
373 Posts
PrG said:
For all you do-it-you-selfers ... Installation guide received from Crutchfield that came along with my new head unit ...

May it giude you well ...

PrG
Great post, thank you.
What did you get for a head unit and will it work with the wheel mounted controls?
I'm thinking of getting one of the NAV/stereo combo units.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I've spent some time collecting up the pieces to overhaul the audio system in my PILOT without breaking the bank. I am close but not quite there yet ...

Here is the list of what I've put together so far ... I am not sure if any aftermarket headunit will work with the steering wheel mounted controls, but I am sure it is in the wiring and the skill of the installer doing the install. It probably could be set up to work if not limitedly.

PrG

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kenwood LZ-700W Widescreen Mobile TV

Almost an exact fit in the double din space where the factory radio is now ... this will be custom installed into the dash with a little fiberglass work.

GENERAL FEATURES
- 4-Channel Diversity Antenna Circuit
- 8 Preset TV Stations with Auto Memory
- Audio Output Connects to KCA-S210A, CA-1AX, or to KDC-CX82 Auxiliary Input
- Audio/Video Outputs: 1
- Auto/Manual Dimmer
- Built-In Speaker with Volume Control
- Built-In TV Tuner
- Compatible with Kenwood Navigation System (Future)
- Independent Video Source Selection for Video Output
- Optical Touch-Screen Control
- Seek Tuning: Manual, Auto, Preset

VIDEO FEATURES
- High Resolution (336,960 Pixels)
- LCD Screen: 7" Wide
- Non-Glare, Smudge-Resistant Screen
- RGB Input
- Widescreen (16:9)

INCLUDED ACCESSORIES
- 4-Channel Diversity Antenna
- Adjustable Mounting Stand