Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

441 - 460 of 478 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #442

😀😃😄😁😆😅😂🤣

I don't do gutters, not any more. The old house, one story on flat land, 20" ladder no problem. New house, 1 story on the front, 2 + stories on the back, (View out basement with picture windows on the back) 20" ladder, not even close. Not even up to the bedroom windows on the back. Put gutter guards on a few years ago, problem solved.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
@xGS a handful of vaseline and a tube sock will help out your last stiffness...

@Daltongang I'm in a rancher so I can reach everything 2-3 steps up an 8' ladder. The problem is where I live, crammed on 1/4 acre with neighbors with 75-100 foot tall oak, pine, poplar and other breeds that dump crap into my gutters continuously. One of my rules for the next house is no trees taller than the gutters, I don't plan on doing this my whole life. I was raised on 10 acres of converted farmland, so the only tress there were ones my parents put in around the house as decorative, the yard had no trees at all and I like it that way.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
Yeah, ours is a Ranch as well. but the view out basement in the back and having a ranch with 10 foot ceilings really raises the back part off the ground. Add to that, that a few years ago builders starting having the foundation 18" above ground level all the way around the house adds to the height. I like the high foundation though, it so reduces the chance of termites etc. I only have one tree, but the neighbors trees were our problem.

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
I'm in a rancher so I can reach everything 2-3 steps up an 8' ladder. The problem is where I live, crammed on 1/4 acre with neighbors with 75-100 foot tall oak, pine, poplar and other breeds that dump crap into my gutters continuously.
Have ever you tried using a leaf blower for gutter cleaning.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
Used to, you know how hard it is to handle a leaf blower with a 40" extension to reach the gutter from the view out side? It ain't lite nor is it convenient. 😄

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
For a really interesting weekend, print this out and use one of your Rockauto magnets to post it on the fridge on Friday when you get home.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Have ever you tried using a leaf blower for gutter cleaning.
Haha. It's quicker and easier to grab the ladder.

The problem is I like maintaining and cleaning cars, not so much with a house. I am a reasonable carpenter, very good with electrical and emergency plumber at best but I find housework very stressful while I don't find working on cars stressful.

·
Registered
5,615 Posts

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I knowabout thi

My previous vehicle was a GS - like this one:

Hey, @xGS, looks like today Scotty Kilmer finally found that Lexus GS you offloaded. :p

Hope you were wiser and more levelheaded in your old age and left your 2003 Pilot mostly stock. :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #454
Just finished watching the oldest granddaughter’s graduation ceremony on tv. They are planning a live event for July, however if things change they won’t be left with nothing.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #455
Good Morning Saturday, My favorite morning of the week. Not because it is Saturday, because when you are retired Every Day is SATURDAY! But more importantly it is ......................

MCDONALDS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one day of the week I eat a less then healthy breakfast. One Sausage McMuffin, One Egg McMuffin and a large Diet Coke. Pick it up a few blocks away, bring it home and eat breakfast while listening to Car Talk. A long time Saturday Morning tradition.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
You still know what day of the week it is? Man, you are super efficient. :)

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
Good Morning Saturday, My favorite morning of the week. Not because it is Saturday, because when you are retired Every Day is SATURDAY! But more importantly it is ......................

View attachment 136487

MCDONALDS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one day of the week I eat a less then healthy breakfast. One Sausage McMuffin, One Egg McMuffin and a large Diet Coke.
I had the usual two scoops of raisins and a bowlful of fiber moistened with some 1% milk.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I had the usual two scoops of raisins and a bowlful of fiber moistened with some 1% milk.

Great, now that gate needs fixin'. :)

441 - 460 of 478 Posts