Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family and I stopped at Subway earlier today to grab some sandwiches for dinner. As I was backing out of the parking space a teenager sped into the parking lot and stopped less than five feet from my backing-up Pilot.

He was so close I couldn't see him in my rearview mirrors but the backup camera showed him and the backup sensors started beeping the instant he pulled behind us. He was so close I got a solid tone on the backup sensors.

I was able to stop just before we backed into him but if I hadn't had those sensors I would have hit him for sure! He didn't even turn his head to see us until after we stopped. I saw the surprise and alarm on his face in my camera display. I'm not sure how he missed noticing a big red SUV with reverse lights on, but he did.

Go Honda!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks to me like your investment in opting for the backup sensors paid off.

:D

·
Registered
991 Posts
They work great don't they. I have one too, and I was backing up in a parking lot, when I heard a quick beep and put on the brakes.. There was nothing there??? I looked again, and noticed a dog running behind my Pilot... I works great!

rob

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree they are the best to have. Pilot are huge and some trouble spot can't be see; the back sensor will do the job.
But, don't depend too much on an artificial eyes too much they can be very inaccurate especially during the snow and rain. Most importantly, when wet at night and the reflection from the street light backup sensor will give you a fault tone. Not advise to depend on them at night when wet.

:cool: 2003 Pilot SS EX-L RES,Fog Lights with Lower Trim,Crossbars for Roof Rails,Half Nose Mask,Rear Splash Guards,Running Boards,Rear Back-Up Sensors,Wheel Locks,Auto Day/Night Mirror,Wood-Grain Trim Panel—All Interior Trim,EX Emblem, VTEC Emblem,Gold Exhaust Finishers,Fog & Head Light using XD5 5100K Bulb, AutoShade Ventvisor,Fender Flare

·
Registered
212 Posts
If the backup sensor is not an option....

we will have to look somewhere else.
As we tested out a few SUV, no way that my wife feel 'comfortable' to operate any of the tested SUV.

The sensor is only extra precaution, we still use our eyes.
If we can have the camera (in Canada is not an option), we will also have them, both.

I want the factory backup sensor, not aftermarket, as I feel it should work better with the rest of the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My family and I stopped at Subway earlier today to grab some sandwiches for dinner. As I was backing out of the parking space a teenager sped into the parking lot and stopped less than five feet from my backing-up Pilot.

He was so close I couldn't see him in my rearview mirrors but the backup camera showed him and the backup sensors started beeping the instant he pulled behind us. He was so close I got a solid tone on the backup sensors.

I was able to stop just before we backed into him but if I hadn't had those sensors I would have hit him for sure! He didn't even turn his head to see us until after we stopped. I saw the surprise and alarm on his face in my camera display. I'm not sure how he missed noticing a big red SUV with reverse lights on, but he did.

Go Honda!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased a 2021 Honda Pilot Special Edition. This trim model doesn't have a backup parking sensor with an audio warning. What is standard is a warning arrow appears when a vehicle crosses the rear. The same sensor that detects moving vehicles in the rear will not pick up fixed objects like hydrants, poles, and/or people. The vehicle traded in, 2014 Mazda Grand Touring, a parking sensor is standard. I want to get a parking sensor installed; what brand backup sensor would work on the Pilot.
The Honda Dealership almost wants $900.00 to install a parking sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My issue with the backup sensor and audio system is not present, it does not exist in the 2021 Pilot SE. I am not saying the camera system is missing; the backup sensor is missing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If the backup sensor is not an option....

we will have to look somewhere else.
As we tested out a few SUV, no way that my wife feel 'comfortable' to operate any of the tested SUV.

The sensor is only extra precaution, we still use our eyes.
If we can have the camera (in Canada is not an option), we will also have them, both.

I want the factory backup sensor, not aftermarket, as I feel it should work better with the rest of the car.
My issue with the backup sensor and audio system is not present, it does not exist in the 2021 Pilot SE. I am not saying the camera system is missing; the backup sensor is missing.
Well, my wife has become accustomed to using the backup camera and audio sensor. Turning to look behind the vehicle is the first option but, the sensor warning is especially wonderful when maneuvering in tight spaces.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts