Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... I followed the instructions for using this CRC Intake Valve Cleaner for GDI Engines.

It had a rough idle, a really bad engine vibration at 2200 rpms and a P0420 code that was persistent. I'd replaced a few parts but nothing worked until I used this treatment.

·
Registered
8,919 Posts
You're supposed to dump a Hyundai at 100K miles when the warranty runs out.
Or, is that when you first get them?

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're supposed to dump a Hyundai at 100K miles when the warranty runs out.
Or, is that when you first get them?
I heard someone got a million miles on a Hyundai.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
... I followed the instructions for using this CRC Intake Valve Cleaner for GDI Engines.
View attachment 141456
It had a rough idle, a really bad engine vibration at 2200 rpms and a P0420 code that was persistent. I'd replaced a few parts but nothing worked until I used this treatment.
Hey, are you tryin' to muscle in on my turf? I'm the snake oil salesman 'round these parts.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
Are you recommending an off-label use of a stop leak product as an intake valve cleaner?
No, of course not, sir. That's why I have this suitcase full of Seafoam on my left. Step right up.

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, of course not, sir. That's why I have this suitcase full of Seafoam on my left. Step right up.
Seafoam has nothing on this CRC Intake Valve and Turbo Cleaner. I believe its more powerful stuff. Had to buy at the Auto Parts store for $14.
I'm afraid of AT-205. It may clog my vtec filter screens.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Imagine being in an Elantra for 10 hours a day, every day, for 5 years.
My '08 Sonata is more comfortable than the Traverse or the Pilot. It's more comfortable than everything I've owned except the Silverado and the '61 Impala (no support in the turns but no misshapen bolsters either). I remember sitting in one of those Elantras, the center console was a little narrower but they were quite large for their class, and the seats were agreeable for the half hour I spent in it.

Seafoam has nothing on this CRC Intake Valve and Turbo Cleaner. I believe its more powerful stuff. Had to buy at the Auto Parts store for $14.
I'm afraid of AT-205. It may clog my vtec filter screens.
Did you change the oil right after doing it? The "negative" I've heard with these products is they can cause rock hard deposits to come off and bounce around in the cylinder, scoring the walls and possibly leading to some oil burning issues. I have no experience first hand with that but it's just something to keep an eye on I guess.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My '08 Sonata is more comfortable than the Traverse or the Pilot. It's more comfortable than everything I've owned except the Silverado and the '61 Impala (no support in the turns but no misshapen bolsters either). I remember sitting in one of those Elantras, the center console was a little narrower but they were quite large for their class, and the seats were agreeable for the half hour I spent in it.

Did you change the oil right after doing it? The "negative" I've heard with these products is they can cause rock hard deposits to come off and bounce around in the cylinder, scoring the walls and possibly leading to some oil burning issues. I have no experience first hand with that but it's just something to keep an eye on I guess.
Guess I'll just buy a spare engine head for next time.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Guess I'll just buy a spare engine head for next time.
Did you run a scope in to see how bad the buildup was? Any idea what the PO was using for oil?

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you run a scope in to see how bad the buildup was? Any idea what the PO was using for oil?
Used Mobil 1 Extended Performance for a long time, until I learned of the evaporation issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts