Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed a "relatively" quick road trip (never will we travel again on the day before Thanksgiving) from Wisconsin to Ohio to visit family. The Pilot performed fantastic....23 MPG on the trip down and 20 MPG - fighting the wind - on the return trip. We had absolutely no problems and confirmed this buggy is a perfect fit for us. (liked the gas prices in Ohio - $1.18/Gal. Vs Wisconsin - $1.37/Gal.)

Our youngest daughter - 30 - traveled with us while oldest daughter - 32 - son-in-law and two GRANDchildren - 2 and 7 - rode first leg of the trip in their Durango. GRANDchildren joined us for the final leg of the trip and for trip back to Wisconsin - RES is a complete success. The only problem with the RES is if you arrive at your destination and the movie is not over, kids don't want to leave the car. Also, new comment when they get in is - "where's my headphones?"

We traveled 1,200 miles and now have 5,300 miles on the Pilot. It rides even better when fully loaded with people and "stuff". It was also great when we took family out to eat and had 8 folks travelin together. Daughter and son-in-law were amazed at the picture quality on the RES and could only say time and again - we have to get one of these. Not a peep of complaints from the GRANDkids who hate to travel, other than "let's watch...now."

We have not experienced the problems noted on the forum. No scrunch, no rattles, no rocking seat, no starting hesitation, no paint or fit/finish problems. Yes, we do have the helicopter sound with rear window down, but had the same in previous Jeep. Also, Havasu blue looks clean even when dirty. We saw only 5 Pilots the entire trip - 2 red, 2 SS, and one Havasu.

Anyone looking for a recommendation to buy or not - GO FOR IT!:2:

bakerlar
Havasu EXL Res- Side Steps, mud guards, fogs, mirror covers, nose mask, chrome Honda tips, roof rack.

·
Registered
170 Posts
bakerlar said:
[We traveled 1,200 miles and now have 5,300 miles on the Pilot. It rides even better when fully loaded with people and "stuff". It was also great when we took family out to eat and had 8 folks travelin together. Daughter and son-in-law were amazed at the picture quality on the RES and could only say time and again - we have to get one of these. Not a peep of complaints from the GRANDkids who hate to travel, other than "let's watch...now."

We have not experienced the problems noted on the forum. No scrunch, no rattles, no rocking seat, no starting hesitation, no paint or fit/finish problems. Yes, we do have the helicopter sound with rear window down, but had the same in previous Jeep. Also, Havasu blue looks clean even when dirty. We saw only 5 Pilots the entire trip - 2 red, 2 SS, and one Havasu.

Anyone looking for a recommendation to buy or not - GO FOR IT!:2:

bakerlar
Havasu EXL Res- Side Steps, mud guards, fogs, mirror covers, nose mask, chrome Honda tips, roof rack. [/B]

This is what I want to hear,good positive reinforcement of why I am waiting for My Sage pilot,I am on the seesaw as far as the
RES, if it came with the cloth seats I probably would have ordered it,I"m just not crazy about Leather seats esp. when they're over 1000. more. I'll probably get an aftermarket dvd player.
The main reason I got the Pilot over a Highlander is for those
occasional days when you need to pak 7 or 8 people in,sounds like it will be worth it thanx,bakerla!
:2: :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Road Trip

Hey Bake, long time no see. I almost forgot that our babies were twins separated at birth. We are looking forward to our annual pilgrimage to Florida at Christmas. Our kids react much the same as the grandkids, that is when the lenghth of the trip doesn't exactly coinside with the length of the DVD. I am considering another set of headphones eventually, though for now, I carry a pair of wired phones that could be used in the middle in the event we have patrons in the back seat.

Personally, I love the Pilot more everytime I drive it. We have taken a few short trips in it, and have been very happy. I full agree with your endorsement. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Road Trip

tibbitts said:
Hey Bake, long time no see. I almost forgot that our babies were twins separated at birth. We are looking forward to our annual pilgrimage to Florida at Christmas. Our kids react much the same as the grandkids, that is when the lenghth of the trip doesn't exactly coinside with the length of the DVD. I am considering another set of headphones eventually, though for now, I carry a pair of wired phones that could be used in the middle in the event we have patrons in the back seat.

Personally, I love the Pilot more everytime I drive it. We have taken a few short trips in it, and have been very happy. I full agree with your endorsement. Keep us posted.
tibbitts: I haven't forgotten you. I purchased an extra headphone set before I got the Pilot - a bargain at $35. I recognized there would often be the two GRANDkids plus another in the back. I also have a wired set kept in the buggy, because the DVD is getting ever more popular throughout the family. We actually had 4 people watching/listening at one time on our trip.
Daughter and son-in-law have a Durango and are interested in purchasing a RES system for their use - anyone who has advice on what to purchase - at reasonable cost - I'm listening.

bakerlar:1:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts