Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test Pilot Report – Honda Pilot Keychain

Overall, the keychain looks sharp and feels substantial. According to the manufacturer’s website, this keychain is made from chrome over brass. The logo inset is a satin finish with engraved lettering and logo. The back is chrome. The keychain has a nice 360-degree swivel between the ring and the fob. I would estimate its weight at approximately 1 ounce. The overall length (from top of the ring to the bottom of the fob) is approximately 3.375 inches.

With any chrome piece, how it will look long-term relies significantly upon the quality of the chrome job. I can see a couple of very small hairline scratches in the chrome portions that are not visible unless you are closely inspecting the item in bright light. Keys in your pocket or purse is a high scratch environment, so I have a little concern about how it will look over time.

I would estimate its Fair Market Value at $7.99 except for honda-pilot.org members who should receive it at a 50 percent discount or free with their next order from hondacuraworld.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Tim, I gotta get one of these. When can we order one and what is the final price?

·
Registered
206 Posts
key chain, with rocks

Pilotless said:
Tim, I gotta get one of these. When can we order one and what is the final price?
Me too!

Twinkie, I love the rocks in the background of the photo. Are they on your local beach, or for sale at some obscure landscaping firm?

You did a great job...can't wait to buy one.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: key chain, with rocks

macbethderham said:

Twinkie, I love the rocks in the background of the photo. Are they on your local beach, or for sale at some obscure landscaping firm?
Actually, they are in my backyard via my local beach. Drove the F-150 onto the beach, filled it up and voila! I have about a 3 foot high by 60 foot long retaining wall in my backyard. I laid in about an 8 inch wide strip of these rocks next to the retaining wall caps then about a foot of beauty bark then the grass. I have some oriental looking landscape lighting in the rocks with some blue fescue grass clumps planted around the lights. Wow! That was really OT!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Thanks, Twinkie. Great picture!

·
Registered
7 Posts
In Hoc. . .

Twinkie,

Sigma Chi man? What name come ye hither?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: In Hoc. . .

apostol said:
Twinkie,

Sigma Chi man? What name come ye hither?
I am. F,J and L. It's great to be a Sig (Delta Phi) :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Theta Eta (U Missouri Rolla)

Those engineers sure now how to pick an SUV.

·
Registered
991 Posts
remote

sorry, a little off topic but, when you get your pilot, does the dealer give you one or two door opener remotes?

rob:8:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Re: remote

gopilot said:
sorry, a little off topic but, when you get your pilot, does the dealer give you one or two door opener remotes?

rob:8:
I got 2 keys, 2 remotes, and a valet key.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Is Tim going to sell these? I have had that same keyring in the past for other makes/models and like it - nice, simple design.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Key Chain

Tim... Excellent. Put me down for two!! Let us know when they are available.:6: :6:

·
Registered
39 Posts
me Too

tim, I'll take two as well.................. Let me know when they are in......

Ken

·
Registered
311 Posts
Does this have a quick release feature to separate the Pilot key from the rest of the keys? Got to have this for valet parking here in the city. If so, I'd love a couple.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mkell said:
Does this have a quick release feature to separate the Pilot key from the rest of the keys? Got to have this for valet parking here in the city. If so, I'd love a couple.
Nope.:(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts