Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get my Pilot serviced for recalls and popping noises from the speakers (getting worse every day, now sounds like hail hitting the windshield). It's a 2020 with less than 1500 miles so that's already not great. Twice I scheduled service at Paul Miller Honda in West Caldwell (NJ), teliing them I need a Pilot loaner because I have 3 kids and need the third row (I traded in the CRV for that reason). Twice I was told no problem. Each time I take out all the baby / car seats and protectors, drive to the dealership, then get told the Pilot loaner isn't available. Drive back, put everything back, all in all 2 hours of my time wasted each time. Get your act together Paul Miller!

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
185 Posts
I'm trying to get my Pilot serviced for recalls and popping noises from the speakers (getting worse every day, now sounds like hail hitting the windshield). It's a 2020 with less than 1500 miles so that's already not great. Twice I scheduled service at Paul Miller Honda in West Caldwell (NJ), teliing them I need a Pilot loaner because I have 3 kids and need the third row (I traded in the CRV for that reason). Twice I was told no problem. Each time I take out all the baby / car seats and protectors, drive to the dealership, then get told the Pilot loaner isn't available. Drive back, put everything back, all in all 2 hours of my time wasted each time. Get your act together Paul Miller!
I had the exact same experience, al beit sans kids, still was relying on them to have a loaner. Good rule of thumb in my experience with North NJ Honda Dealers...ALWAYS assume they won’t have a loaner, even if they promised. In the 12 years of being a Honda customer in NNJ, I’ve only successfully got a loaner 5x.

·
Registered
322 Posts
bring the kids and plunk them in the showroom, let them run around and act like little brats. They will find that loaner pretty quick LOL.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
My Pilot has been back to the dealer more times than I can count for the infotainment stuff,. First time, they gave me a Civic LX as a loaner because "it was all they had" or some such nonsense. So, when they called and said they needed to keep the car longer, I told them I needed a better loaner. They came up with an Odyssey. That was fine. Subsequent times it's been in, we've gotten a CRV, which is acceptable.

My dealer in PA had an Enterprise rental place on the property. They'd send you over there and pick up the tab instead of giving you a loaner. Dropping off a Honda for service meant leaving in a Chevy.

·
Registered
322 Posts
all depends on what country/state/city you live, they give you loaners for something as small as oil changes at some of them here, usually a car they hope you'll want to upgrade too, like if you bring in a civic, they'll give you an accord, CRV a Pilot etc.

·
Registered
303 Posts
all depends on what country/state/city you live, they give you loaners for something as small as oil changes at some of them here, usually a car they hope you'll want to upgrade too, like if you bring in a civic, they'll give you an accord, CRV a Pilot etc.
Right -- that's what I've been used to in every car I've owned up until buying a Honda, but the local dealer here won't give you a loaner unless you are in for a major multi-day repair, and even then it's a "courtesy" that must be "requested and considered".

It's enough to just buy the Acura next time and stop the madness.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I had a 1.6 EL one of the few cars I ever bought brand new and the Acura Dealer was next level for sure. but $$ as soon as warranty was up which was 3 years in 160K KM LOL I did all my own stuff but it was nice being pampered even though I had a glorified civic. They didn't have the 1.6 L V-Tec in the Canadian civics so to get the 127HP 5 speed you had to go Acura EL which was just a Civic EX from the US line up with different headlights and bumpers LOL. I never bought Acura parts I would just go in and ask for Civic EX US model and everything was 20% less but exact same parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts