Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I've been screwed by T-Dot and I am disputing the no show B6 shocks. Ordered in Aug supposed to be in stock, then mid Sep. then mid Oct, then Mid Nov then they said end of January FFS, so I requested a refund and the stopped replying. Gave them 24 hours and then opened a dispute with Paypal and Visa. Hope I get my money back but I still need shocks. looks like Rockauto will be where I get them but they only have FCS, Monroe, Gabriel, and KYB. I'm leaning on the KYB but has anyone had the others and liked them?

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
144 Posts
Just get Bilsteins from RockAuto, mate. Or get original Honda ones, they seem to last well, this is what I did on mine. I also liked getting loaded struts as I hate dealing with spring compressors. Makes the job easy. Do remember to get all new bolts, per Honda, none of those are supposed to be reusable.

I cursed myself for dealing with TDot too, about double the original promised time on my stainless steel brake hoses that I could've gotten for about 30% less from a smaller shop here but they quoted the longer lead time (which ended up the same as TDot's after all). WIll not spend another dime there.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If only Rockauto had the Bilstiens, they're not in stock. At least they tell you that and don't take your money and back order and I need shocks now not in January when they will finally ship from Germany.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Luckily, still liking the 'feel' from my OEM ones on out '15 SE Pilot.
I too may need new ones soon though, who knows.
I like feedback/reviews from members, thanks.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not in stock direct Bilstein has said they won't have them made before end of January. My right shock that was leaking has finally run out of juice and its clunking bad so I can't wait till then. I will just have to go with KYB and do the B6 when they go.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Does Essex not have the B4 series shocks available as an option?
Or, do you have to have the sporty ride of the B6?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd take the B4 but they're out of stock too. It says available at your local dealer but none of them have any.

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
144 Posts
Not in stock direct Bilstein has said they won't have them made before end of January. My right shock that was leaking has finally run out of juice and its clunking bad so I can't wait till then. I will just have to go with KYB and do the B6 when they go.
The front ones show up in stock for me on Rockauto, both the B4 and B6.
The "add to cart to see the price" is just a gimmick to make you think you're getting a helluva deal, but they to have them in stock as of now and they had them when I wrote my original message. Unloaded, though, you will also need new bellows, transplant or new springs (for the front) and mounts.

They don't appear to have the rear ones, true.
Amazon has B4 rears (not B6, unfortunately): Bilstein 19-268897 B4 Series OE Replacement Shock Absorber B4 Series OE Replacement Shock Absorber, Shocks - Amazon Canada
But picking between B4 and Honda, I'd just get Honda, I paid just $102 for each, and the list price on them is $130, if your dealer wants more, then tell them to stop being greedy. front ones are pricey, yeah, about $300 and $240 is what I paid at Toronto Honda for LOADED struts (including bellows, springs and mounts). If you are spending $176 at TDot on Bilsteins, then by the time you factor in new bellows, spring transplant and new mount, it, pretty much costs you the same.

Where are you based?
If you need front ones, and are not too far from ON, and need something to get you through next year, I still have the ones I took off of mine, and you can have them. The bellow is torn on one but none are leaking and they still have some life on them. KYB is crap, you are wasting money on it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I only need rears. I'll double checknfor oem from the 2 closest dealers. B6 and b4 for me show "click here to be notified qhen back in stock" on RA?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So Got the refund from them finally and called around, Local Carquest has KYB and will be here Monday from Halifax. They'll have to do.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,283 Posts
I put KYB shocks on 3 or 4 years ago and have been happy with them, FWIW.

As for tdotperformance.ca, thanks for the heads up. Except for a lot of easily astroturfed star-only reviews, a lot of them are some variation of this...

Your website says “in stock” yet you DO NOT have items in stock. When requesting canceling and refunding my order you state it can’t be refunded.

Not a problem, consumer protection act of Ontario allows me to cancel within 10 days which I have. It’s not been 4 days you still have not refunded me. My lawyer has given me instructions on how to proceed with this.

Glad you didn't have to
or have to try to get through on the phone to your local Ministry of Not Getting Shafted. :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ha I'll make sure no one I know personally or digitally ever does any business with them they suck.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I paid using paypal. As soon as I went there and opened a dispute, they refunded. Before that they wouldn't answer and their phones are off due to covid which is BS. I had every single email transaction between me and them and just loaded it into to paypal. seconds later they were confirming my refund and it landed in Paypal that day and my CC 2 days later.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I put KYB shocks on 3 or 4 years ago and have been happy with them, FWIW.
Thanks, I've used them on my CRV and my Yaris and they've been fine, I just wanted the upgrades for towing and full loads of family vacations. I'm going to put air springs on in the spring so that may bee enough with the KYB for now. This rig gets 45-55K KM's a year so new shocks will happen again along with struts I am sure.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still waiting for them to arrive from Halifax, store stock transfer and apparently Halifax doesn't move very fast. Sad thing is, pretty sure the truck doing the run is our companies LOL.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I guess they landed Monday but the guy who I talked to was off till yesterday and no one else bother to call. so I'll get them on and I have 5% oil remaining so will get that changed and winter tires on all this weekend. Likely do a full brake service too before the salt. The brine here really kills calipers even with the best pin grease and perfect seals etc. I have to clean and re-grease every fall and spring or stuck calipers happen and ruin pads and rotors.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts