Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm in the market for a new used pilot and have seen multiple discussion's about pilot issues. Mostly the infotainment turning off and transmission issues with the 9 speed. I know the 2019 and up models got updates but are they enough? I had my eyes set on a 2019 touring awd model but it's hard to bite the bullet when I read so many complaints. Any thoughts or advice is welcomed.(y)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Same question and answers from this week:

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,587 Posts
Forums are an echo chamber of problems. They can be a great resource but the people on here don’t represent what ownership of Pilots are like for most people.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I appreciate your guys opinions. I feel like I'm over thinking it
I purchased new and debated between the transmission choices and what models they came with. Decided on the 2019 Touring and am glad I did. I really had no complaints regarding the 9 speed other than a few hard shifts, or some clunking around the shift point at 24-25 mph. I read it has something to do with the type of gears they use for that shift point "dog gears?).

I recently had the update done (SB 20-029) and the transmission has been perfect since. It's been two months and about 1200 miles. The shifting is noticeable smoother even considering I wasn't having a lot of problems before.

Reactions: EFICTION
1 - 6 of 6 Posts