Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,692 Posts

·
Registered
9,692 Posts

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
I still laugh cause I briefly registered this 2016 wrecked salvage Pilot to be able to auction it, and the extended warranty notice came in the mail. Should have taken them up on the offer. :p

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
:oops:

Let me guess.....

:unsure:

:geek:

Some high performance Sumitomos and you were good to go???

:D

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
This Pilot had those terrible, unbalanceable Discount Tires, exclusive YK-HTX Yokohama's.

No, was readied for Auction. The vehicle went to Central America.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,517 Posts
Those people think I own one of every year of pilot ever produces as I have downloaded ever Pilot owners manual from 2003 thru 2021.

Since I am retired I have time to have some fun. When they call I patiently listen then start asking all kinds of questions about the warranty, how it works, what it covers, what it doesn't cover, who I can take it too, what the cost will be for the different plans. 10 minutes later when I run out of questions then I tell them that I sold the car they are talking about and bought a new one. They don't call me anymore.

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
I haven't been solicited in a while. ATT has been screening my calls for me lately and identifying theses calls as "Spam Risk."

Reactions: ys1219 and The Todd

·
Super Moderator
4,517 Posts
I haven't been solicited in a while. ATT has been screening my calls for me lately and identifying theses calls as "Spam Risk."
So does Verizon, but sometimes it's just fun to play with them and piss them off. That way I don't get so many "Potential Spam" alerts. Besides it's just freaking fun sometimes.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
My friend in TX used to say right away,

Are you at home?
They'd say 'no'

He'd say, then give me your home phone # and I'll call you later when you are at home!

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
I loved the irony... hadn't had spam calls in a couple weeks and Verizon sent me an email about how they were now blocking potential spam calls for me... I got 3 or 4 a day for a week.

One of my other tactics is when they ask for me I ask who's calling... after they respond and I identify them as spam I say something like "he's not available for you" or "please hold" and hang up... something along those lines.

Every once in a while one will catch me on rough day. I've had some R rated fun with a couple of them, been yelled at by my wife and mother that I should just hang up the phone.

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
9,692 Posts
I used to occasionally have fun like that with spammers when I was working and had more free time than now that I'm retired.

However, I came to realize that I was taking it out on the wrong people. The true evil ones who concoct these schemes are rarely the ones that do the actual calling. That's often some desperate, out-of-work FML flunky they hire who can't get a real job but still has to put food on the table. Their malevolent overlords are the ones you really want to get the home numbers for and unleash your wrath.

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
😂🤣 I got this in the mail from a Toyota Dealership. They wanna gimmie 19k for my 2016 Pilot.
This is the only 2016 I ever owned. Man did I mess up for not keeping it. smirk

·
Registered
813 Posts
😂🤣 I got this in the mail from a Toyota Dealership. They wanna gimmie 19k for my 2016 Pilot.
This is the only 2016 I ever owned. Man did I mess up for not keeping it. smirk
View attachment 142939
View attachment 142940
Oh look they're giving $250!! There's nothing better than buying a whole new car to save $250! Too bad you can only do it with a 2016 Pilot.

·
Super Moderator
4,517 Posts
Oh look they're giving $250!! There's nothing better than buying a whole new car to save $250! Too bad you can only do it with a 2016 Pilot.
With that extra $250 he could buy an entire set of tires for it.

·
Registered
10,343 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don't you be talking smack about the 1972 Buick Electra. It has it uses. The trunk is so huge you can fit a baker's dozen of dead mob snitches you've been tasked with rubbing out.

I have a friend whose only car is a 1969 Electra "Deuce and a quarter". He used to have two of them, but the other had almost 300,000 miles and was disintegrating into a pile of rust.

·
Registered
9,692 Posts

You must have a really good mailman if he can read that address and deliver it to you. :)

The next day on that dealer's front lot with little colored triangle flags flapping in the wind from the fake antenna they installed on it just for that:

Runs great! Minor cosmetic damage. Previous owner is little old lady who only used it to go to church and Copart auctions.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts