Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently bought our new to us 2015 Pilot. a few months ago.

I get this in the mail yesterday:

'To ensure it's continued safe operation'

That's what Piloteers.org is for! LOL

I'm sure they mined the records of the new title in our names, and that's why we got this.

·
Registered
813 Posts
OMG I swear every single person got that!!! I got one a month or so after I got my Pilot and I know someone else who got that thing for a different car. This is getting pretty bad if that many people are getting this.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I get calls almost daily about it.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty sure all it is is to sell me an extended warranty.

I 'recycled' it.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,767 Posts
72 Buick Electra
Don't you be talking smack about the 1972 Buick Electra. It has it uses. The trunk is so huge you can fit a baker's dozen of dead mob snitches you've been tasked with rubbing out.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I've heard that if you tell Sirius XM that you crashed your car, they stop calling. Now I don't know if this is true or not, but perhaps that trick might work for this "warranty".

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know about other states, but here in Ohio the DMV makes a buck or two by selling this info. No mining required.
I'm sure you're right.

By 'Mining' I just meant they got the data from somewhere.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We recently bought our new to us 2015 Pilot. a few months ago.

I get this in the mail yesterday:

'To ensure it's continued safe operation'

That's what Piloteers.org is for! LOL

I'm sure they mined the records of the new title in our names, and that's why we got this.

Bur really, did you read that? They want me to be panicked that I didn't contact them. Oh look, it expires 12/14/20! Oh shit, I don't have much time. What was that 'toll free' # again.
"Toll free'? Is this the 80's? WTH is Toll free now?
And they want to shame me about the 'ensure it's continued safe operation'
OMG- I don't want to drive around unsafely! I better call before the deadline!!
Who falls for this shit? Really?
But oh look, they speak Spanish too!! It's a different Phone # though.

·
Registered
601 Posts
They were hounding me on my new truck within 1 month of purchase, and I just bought the wife a new crv, made it 5 weeks before I apparently need more warranty coverage 😅

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Bur really, did you read that? They want me to be panicked that I didn't contact them. Oh look, it expires 12/14/20! Oh shit, I don't have much time. What was that 'toll free' # again.
"Toll free'? Is this the 80's? WTH is Toll free now?
And they want to shame me about the 'ensure it's continued safe operation'
OMG- I don't want to drive around unsafely! I better call before the deadline!!
Who falls for this shit? Really?
But oh look, they speak Spanish too!! It's a different Phone # though.
Someone does or they wouldn't be doing it. I think they get a lot of older people who are losing their wits or maybe their spouse always handled this type of thing and they also take advantage of a lot of friendly imports from other countries who think nothing in the USA is a scam.

I get a lot of calls from all over the place for work, so I tend to pick them all up. Lately I've been reversing and as soon as they tip that it's a scam I start asking them for all of their personal information. If nothing else, I fluster and annoy them enough that they hang up.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
540 Posts
Someone does or they wouldn't be doing it. I think they get a lot of older people who are losing their wits or maybe their spouse always handled this type of thing and they also take advantage of a lot of friendly imports from other countries who think nothing in the USA is a scam.

I get a lot of calls from all over the place for work, so I tend to pick them all up. Lately I've been reversing and as soon as they tip that it's a scam I start asking them for all of their personal information. If nothing else, I fluster and annoy them enough that they hang up.
What's your number, so I can tell them I got a new one?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,767 Posts

1 - 20 of 37 Posts