Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you are planning on taking a trip in your Pilot this summer? I'm really looking forward to traveling in comfort and with space to spare, after a few long trips in my Civic.:jump3: :jump3: :jump3:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hi Ziploc...

We had a Civic too and still remember many long (and fun) trips in it.

We made our first long trip in our Pilot the last week of March. We traveled to Disneyland from Reno, then drove our neice back home in Oregon..then drove back to Reno. It was a real joy to drive with little that "totally exausted" feeling we have experienced in the past. I got to drive much of the way and had a blast.

We packed our luggage on the roof rack to keep the inside feeling open and not cluttered.

I keep looking for the next journey we can tackle in our wonderful Pilot.

Hope you make an incredible journey this summer too!

Don

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
We might load up the Pilot and take a trip to see the sights and sounds of Damascus, MD this summer..... ;)

......more than likely, we'll head up over the border to Toronto for a wedding and spend a week there (although rumor in the family says that there might not be a wedding... playing it by ear). Also may hit the usual local spots like Ocean City and Bethany Beach...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kemosabe said:
We might load up the Pilot and take a trip to see the sights and sounds of Damascus, MD this summer..... ;)

COME ON DOWN and see what you've been missing!!!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Ziploc said:
How many of you are planning on taking a trip in your Pilot this summer? I'm really looking forward to traveling in comfort and with space to spare, after a few long trips in my Civic.:jump3: :jump3: :jump3:
Probably do some weekend (or long weekend) trips is all - due to work schedules of the wife and I. The only REAL trip will be on my 2-wheeler up to Montana and perhaps another in the fall down to Texass. :2:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Going to Kings Canyon

The family plans to take a trip up to the Sequoia National Forest and check out some really big trees this summer. We hope to spend a couple days camping in Kings Canyon and do some hiking. This will be our first real vacation together so it should be a blast.

Can't wait to drive there in the Pilot. The DVD should keep the kids from fighting too much on the trip, except maybe an arguement or two about which movie to watch next. :twak:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Taking the usual 4-day weekend trip to L.A. from AZ, about 600 miles one way. That's around 4 movies for my kid if she doesn't fall asleep along the way:eek:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yep, we'll be making our trip to the Rocky Mountains and also go to this time share we have over in B.C. I'm really looking forward to the trips as well. Just drive safely!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
kemosabe said:
Darn, Ziploc!!!! You were right -- I didn't know what I was missing!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: (...and neither did Bob...)
I'd guess the price on those to be ten grand for each. Hope I'm not over the answer.

·
Registered
461 Posts
From coast to coast for us. Driving all the way across the country, seeing "The West" then heading back home. My brand new Pilot will be way above its expected mileage for age after that one. In fact, I'll have to find someone to do the first oil change on the way out....and before we make it back, probably the second one too!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
We haven't made any vacation plans, but I would love to cruise down and up the west coast line via good old 101...with a Disneyland destination.
Anyone coming to the west coast has to drive this route, forget I-5, unless you just want to get somewhere fast. 101 is breathtakingly beautiful. Bring lots of film, you'll take lots of photos!
I can't wait to see everyone's vacation photos of their Pilots. Please post them for us :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Soon we will be on our way down to Gulf Shores Alabama. After that it just a couple trips up to Up North Wisconsin.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:
We haven't made any vacation plans, but I would love to cruise down and up the west coast line via good old 101...with a Disneyland destination.
Anyone coming to the west coast has to drive this route, forget I-5, unless you just want to get somewhere fast. 101 is breathtakingly beautiful. Bring lots of film, you'll take lots of photos!
I can't wait to see everyone's vacation photos of their Pilots. Please post them for us :)
Years ago, in my previous life, I made a trip all the way from San Diego to the Bremerton area - mostly on HWY 1 and 101. What a GREAT drive!!! :2:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
We're hoping to drive down from the SF Bay area to San Diego this summer. Before that happens, I need to get the rear windows tinted in our LX.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my3kids said:
From coast to coast for us. Driving all the way across the country, seeing "The West" then heading back home. My brand new Pilot will be way above its expected mileage for age after that one. In fact, I'll have to find someone to do the first oil change on the way out....and before we make it back, probably the second one too!
Now, that's the way to really break in an engine! It sounds like a truly memorable trip. Hope you'll take lots of pictures of the Pilot with different views of our great country in the background!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
SMALL WORLD

colorider said:

Years ago, in my previous life, I made a trip all the way from San Diego to the Bremerton area - mostly on HWY 1 and 101. What a GREAT drive!!! :2:
Too cool...I live in Port Orchard across the water from Bremerton. I see Aircraft Carriers, Subs and battleships everyday. My Husband,Father, Step Dad and male friends all work at that shipyard. You must've seen it. Probably with the good old USS Missouri docked next to the road? She's gone to Pearl Harbor to retire in greener pastures where she belongs...sniff....
:(

·
Registered
20 Posts
We are planning an Aug. trip to Yellow stone and Glacier National parks. I can hardly wait. Last year we went to the Grand Canyon and the pilot was the most comfortable and fun vehicle I have ever traveled in.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
kemosabe said:

Darn, Ziploc!!!! You were right -- I didn't know what I was missing!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: (...and neither did Bob...)
How can we be sure those just aren't BALLOONS in there?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts