Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking delivery of my Sagebrush EX-L RES on Saturday (for $1914 under MSRP, I might add).

Any advice on what to cover with the dealer before taking it home? Or any problems I should check out? etc etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

ps

Also added front lower trim and foglights, for an extra $878 installed. Not sure I got a great deal on these, but the deal off MSRP helps make up for it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
suggestions

Drive it around the parking lot very slow and see if you hear ANY noise from the rear.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Don't worry, just enjoy your new SUV. You made a wise choice. (Can't wait to get rid of my wife's 98 Jimmy)

The only problem that I have encountered is that it does not want to start.. This happens to me and alot of other people on this forum.

Not to scare you, just want to let you know if it happens, it is happening to most of us. Only happens intermittently.

otherwise, love it!

rob

·
Registered
481 Posts
Picking up NBP EX-RES on Sat. 25

We too are picking up a Pilot on Saturday.
I think we'll put in a DVD for the kids and go for a longggg drive on Sunday afternoon.

Any suggestions of what small things to ask for while closing the deal (i.e. 5 free oil changes, mats, wheel locks)?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Looks for earlier posts on this forum about the black rubber plugs. Apparently many dealers don't know what they're supposed to do with them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ditto on the noise in the rear. I didn't have the noise but I know someone who did. It was a faulty rear (drivers side) shock. Replaced and works fine.

Enjoy

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes,
Find a good place that does undercoating. Drive from the Dealer strait to the shop. Make sure the roads are dry. Usually the undercoat and overcoat that Dealer has to offer is expensive and very cheap. Using a professional co. is the best. This is my opinion.
Good luck and congratulations on your new car. You going to love it!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Since you got such a great price, at least compared to what I paid last June, I would just take it and enjoy!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Sleep out in the dealer's parking lot Friday night. :23:

·
Registered
465 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts