Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new Pilot today 2020 EX-L and parked in the garage when I got home only to find the ceiling in the garage is to low to open the tail gate ( automatic ) fully . Is there anyway to adjust the amount you can open the tailgate? If not I can't wait for the first time I press the tailgate button on the remote transmitter (key) while in the garage.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sorry, no tail gate opening adjustment on the new Pilots.

Perhaps placement of some foam along the top of the doorway frame / garage door, as a safety measure?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Captin_Pilot How did you disable the power open function (switch on the Hatch)?
Thanks Jack

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
577 Posts
Sorry, no tail gate opening adjustment on the new Pilots.

Perhaps placement of some foam along the top of the doorway frame / garage door, as a safety measure?
Use a pool noodle.

I bought 2 at Walmart, cut a slice into the middle of the noodle and not all the way. Easy to attach, easy to slide around.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the same issue with my garage door, but disabling the automatic door opening in the setup menu when using the push button above the license plate works perfectly. There's enough pre-compression in the cylinders to lift the tailgate to about forehead level on its own when you unlatch it and then just push it up a bit more to get to the right height but it doesn't swing up to full height on its own. Just have to remember not to use the keyfob or the kick release when in the garage. Took me about 2 weeks to get used to it, and it works great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts