Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how I missed this before but I just noticed my rear hatch is misaligned or maybe the number is off? maybe body isn’t made right? The gap on the driver side has a bigger gap then the passenger side and the bumper and body doesnt line up even with the hatch but on the passenger side it does.

I will take some pics as son as I can but has anyone else noticed this type of issue? Ive also noticed some fish eyes in the paint on the hatch will I will most likely leave alone but there is 2 paint drips on the front passenger door that they said they would take care of when I was ready. I might have that fixed idk

·
Banned
70 Posts
Mine is the same way and I've heard others mention the same thing. Also, every pilot I've checked seems to have it as well. For me its aesthetic only, I don't have any leaks or air noise so I'm not really bothered by it. No paint issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is the same way and I've heard others mention the same thing. Also, every pilot I've checked seems to have it as well. For me its aesthetic only, I don't have any leaks or air noise so I'm not really bothered by it. No paint issues whatsoever.
Well its good to know I’m not alone on it. But here just looks from what I can tell but annoying how the fit and finish of these pilots isn’t very good. Right now more concerned about the tranny issue I’m having! Was just curious.

Really small paint imperfections nothing serious but i took a good look and noticed them.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Mines actually the passenger side. The bottom right is way off but aside from that I’ve been pretty happy overall with the fit and finish and no tranny issues whatsoever. I attached a few pics to show just how off my right side is. After looking at the pics more I’m definitely mentioning this to the dealer next time I’m there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mines actually the passenger side. The bottom right is way off but aside from that I’ve been pretty happy overall with the fit and finish and no tranny issues whatsoever. I attached a few pics to show just how off my right side is. After looking at the pics more I’m definitely mentioning this to the dealer next time I’m there. View attachment 132202 View attachment 132199 View attachment 132200 View attachment 132201

I have a 2019 Pilot Touring and I had to take it back to the readership for the same issue. Mine was on the driver side was about 1/4 inch pushed in. They had to take it to a body shop to re-align the tailgate. Everything is aligned now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts